QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, December 26, 2005

Holloway's Post Match Comments

-
QPR Official Site
MUST TRY HARDER

Ian Holloway is calling for a sharp contrast in fortunes for the festive season's remaining fixtures.
After seeing his Rangers side go down 1-0 against Brighton, Ollie is now hoping to end 2005 on a successful note with a little help from those returning from injury.
Marc Bircham and Matthew Rose were both on the bench at the Withdean and Kevin Gallen in pencilled in to return against Cardiff.
With Steve Lomas also due back soon it could soon be a very different Rangers die out there.
Ollie said: "Hopefully I'll be able to pick some of my better players on Wednesday and that will be a help.
"That wasn't my first choice out there today and it will be great to have people like Marc Bircham Matthew Rose and eventually Kevin Gallen all back in contention.
"We've got three more games over the Christmas period and hopefully we'll be able to turn things round."
As for the game against Brighton, Ollie was more than disappointed with the display.
"That wasn't good enough out there. We've lost three points today and I find it hard to believe. We threw the game away.
"We looked scared of going 1-0 down but we had a few chances after half time and I thought we were starting to look better.
"Jake Cole made two excellent saves, but I don't like having to see my goalie make those sorts of saves because it means my defenders aren't doing their work."
Afterwards, the Rangers manager spoke of his disappointment at not being able to clarify a few things with the match officials.
"I wanted to talk to the referee but he refused to see me. I just wanted to ask him one or two things, but what can you do?
"That's no excuse though, the buck stops with me - I pick the team."
With the transfer window looming, Holloway will also be looking to see if there is any money available for strengthening his squad.
"I had a long chat with Gianni Paladini yesterday and we've spent all sorts of money recently, but we'll have to see what's on the table."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~760118,00.html

Blog Archive