QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Langley's Pre-Match Comments re Cardiff

-
Ex-City star Langley nothing to prove

IC Wales - Dec 28 2005


Mark Bloom, South Wales Echo

Former Cardiff City winger Richard Langley insists he has nothing to prove tonight against the club that sent him packing in the summer.

Langley returned to Queens Park Rangers feeling he was not given a decent chance by the new Cardiff City manager Dave Jones.

But he insists he does not hold any grudges as he prepares to meet a couple of old faces.

'I would have liked to have been treated better towards the end,' he admitted. 'In the end I had to train with the youth squad and was totally left out any of the first team activities and I don't think I deserved that.

'Dave Jones came in and saw me in one game - a pre-season friendly at Accrington Stanley in which I scored a 30-yard drive.

Obviously the powers that be wanted me away whatever. I don't think I have got anything to prove to Jones or the City fans.

'I'm at a club now that wants me and that has done my confidence the world of good.

'All I will do against City is do my best, as I did when City played QPR.'

Langley still has a home in Cardiff and returns to the Welsh capital to meet up with his close friends at the club.

'All I have ever done was give 100-per-cent even if it didn't appear that way at times.

'I never really had total confidence in my own ability at City and maybe the City fans did not see the best of me.' http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0200news/tm_objectid=16526775%26method=full%26siteid=50082%26headline=ex%2dcity%2dstar%2dlangley%2dnothing%2dto%2dprove-name_page.html

Blog Archive