QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Managers' Comments!

-
BBC
  • QPR manager Ian Holloway:
    "It was nice to get what we deserved because in the last few weeks that hasn't happened. I can't tell you how proud I am of my lads.

    "I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season.

    "It was great to get some of my boys back. I made some changes and they showed me some character.

    "The reality of the situation has been that with the injuries that we've had and the new transfer window coming in it's been diabolical.

    "I'm hoping to add some new faces if I can when the window opens.

    "We are not too far off the play-offs and have a chance to do even better than we did last season."


  • Cardiff manager Dave Jones:
    "They're a big side, but we dealt comfortably with them squeezing us for the first half.

    "One lapse cost us - it's disappointing when you've worked for something and it's not paid off.

    "We controlled long spells of the game without doing much damage in the final third - it's been like that for a few games now.

    "But we haven't become a bad team overnight and we're working on the problems."

  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4538036.stm


    SPORTING LIFE
    OLLOWAY DELIGHT AT JUST DESSERTS

    QPR boss Ian Holloway felt his side had earned their rewards after they recorded only their second win in 10 matches with a 1-0 victory over Cardiff.

    Striker Marc Nygaard headed home the winner after returning to the starting line-up along with Marc Bircham and Matthew Rose.

    Holloway said: "It was nice to get what we deserved because in the last few weeks that hasn't happened.

    "I can't tell you how proud I am of my lads.

    "I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season.

    "It was great to get some of my boys back. I made some changes and they showed me some character.

    "The reality of the situation has been that with the injuries that we've had and the new transfer window coming in it's been diabolical.

    "I'm hoping to add some new faces if I can when the window opens.

    "We are not too far off the play-offs and have a chance to do even better than we did last season."

    Cardiff rarely threatened but Jason Koumas went close with a 30-yard free-kick that flew just wide.

    Koumas brought a good save from Simon Royce with another long-range effort, before Cameron Jerome missed a good chance to equalise when he shot straight at Royce after being sent up by Joe Ledley.

    Cardiff manager Dave Jones admitted: "One lapse of concentration in the second half cost us the game. It's disappointing when players work at things and then switch off.

    "We had enough of the ball to have got something from the game but you can't afford to lose concentration like that.

    "We had possession but got to their 18-yard box and then didn't deliver the final ball or show that bit of quality.

    "QPR are a big side and we coped well with that but then from one cross, we allowed the striker to get in between the centre-back and full-back.

    "We've just got to keep working and plugging away, and we need to do better in the last third of the pitch.

    "It's a test of my players' character and they haven't let me down. I can't fault any of them for their efforts and I back my players to the hilt.

    "We know we need to strengthen, not just because of the injuries and suspensions we have but just because of a lack of numbers. We knew that would be the case."
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/12/28/SOCCER_QPR_2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1




    QPR OFFICIAL SITE

    Ian Holloway believes Rangers are on the up after a 1-0 win over Cardiff City.

    Ollie had seen Rangers win the game in the second half thanks to a solitary Marc Nygaard goal.

    Now, the Rangers manager wants to go onwards and upwards and continue the form that his side showed against the Welsh outfit.

    "I'm very pleased.

    "We got what we deserved on the night and our luck has changed.

    "It's all about hunger and desire and our players showed plenty of that tonight and I'm proud of them - each and every one of them.

    "We just need to get real and the facts are that we're in a similar position now to last year when everybody was raving about us.

    "I can't understand what has happened around the place because we're definitely moving forward.

    "The lads were great tonight but we need to get a grip on reality.

    "We're trying to move forward as a club and it isn't easy.

    "We've got two games to get to the 34 points we were on at this stage last season and that's achievable.

    "I'm proud to be manager of this club. I'm nearing five years and I'm chuffed as a badger.

    "We've got some great players at this club but it's all about striking a balance and if we do that than we can progress even further.''

    Ollie reserved a final thought for goalscorer Nygaard, commenting: "Marc Nygaard looked like a great Viking when he scored.

    "He was a handful all night.

    "It was a tremendous leap, a great header and a wonderful goal.

    "Cookie picked a great cross and we deserved the goal and the result.''


    http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~760827,00.html

    Blog Archive