QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Post Match Comments re Game and re his Job

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - IAN HOLLOWAY COMMENTS
Ian Holloway was happy to take all three points back from Gresty Road after a seven goal thriller.
We showed terrific character! There were lots of things wrong, but you have to give Crewe some credit for that.I was certainly on the edge of my seat!
"There were two tired teams out there. It was about showing character and keeping going.
We got it wrong defensively a few times, we couldn't get our line right until late in the game."
Despite not being happy about certain aspects of his teams play, Ollie was delighted with his teams attacking play.
"We scored some great goal, we played well and we showed desire. The longer it went on the better we got.
It was a great game and a great advert for this division!"
Gianni Paladini had earlier denied reports linking Jim Smith to the club, Holloway responded.
"I'm sick and tired of it, it seems every man, dingo and his dog is linked with my job. I've got it and you just try and take it off me if you can!"

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~762104,00.html


BBC - QPR boss Ian Holloway:
"We already have more points than we did at this exact point this time last year with a game hand.

"But that doesn't seem to be good enough for some people. I'm sick and tired of every Tom, Dick and Ha rry getting linked with my job every day. "Well ding, dang, doo. It's my job, I own it and it's up to anyone else to take it off me." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4560078.stm



SPORTING LIFE
HOLLOWAY UPSET AT JOB SPECULATION

QPR boss Ian Holloway watched his side win a crazy game against Crewe then insisted he is "sick and tired" of speculation linking other managers with his job. Holloway's men could still reach the play-offs this season if they build on their 4-3 win at Gresty Road, but George Graham and Jim Smith have also been suggested as possibilities to take over at Loftus Road.
"We already have more points than we did at this exact point this time last year with a game in hand," Holloway said. "But that doesn't seem to be good enough for some people.
"I'm sick and tired of every Tom, Dick and Harry getting linked with my job every day. Well ding, dang, doo. It's my job, I own it and it's up to anyone else to take it off me.
"I'm proud of my players, of what we are doing here a re what we are trying to achieve and that's all that matters. "Today's game was a great advert for the league. I was on the edge of my seat but my players showed great commitment and I'm so proud of them.". http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/12/31/SOCCER_Crewe_2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1


Crewe boss
Dario Gradi
laid into his side, who sank to the bottom of the table with 53 goals conceded this season. He said: "You have to question whether the players are as good as those they are playing. We are going to have to play much better than that if we are going to survive in league.
"Basic errors costs us and in this league it is tough to get away with that."
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/12/31/SOCCER_Crewe_2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1


CREWE OFFICIAL SITE
Dario Gradi has told the club's official web-site:

"It's hard to work out all the time how the goals are going in, the first of the goals were a little unfortunate. We had the ball in the box quite a lot in the second half, but the play was a bit rushed.
"Luke (Rodgers) is trying over-head kicks and Jonah is kicking the ball anywhere and obviously we have to have better quality. They had better quality than us in the end. They had more possession than us and their quality told in the end.
"Perhaps, in the end, we have got the ability of the players we are playing against. It's a tough league, the toughest it has been and we have to play at our very best. Maybe that isn't something they can do week in week out but its what they have to do to stay in this league.He added: " We'll have to do better than we did tonight if we want to stay in this league, there is no doubt about that. http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/managers_view/0,,10414~761920,00.html




E

Blog Archive