QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Furlong on the Season, his Playing & His Fitness

-
Furs' Fire Still Burning
Ben Kosky - Kilburn Times (and other local papers)
25 January 2006
"...Paul Furlong insists his passion for playing remains undimmed ....Rangers have collected just one point from the six games he has missed. ..., he told the Times: "I won't be treating Leicester any differently just because I got sent off against them earlier in the season."Of course it'd be very nice to get a goal and that's what I go into every game aiming for. I'd like to have scored more and last season they were coming a bit easier."
Looking back on the incidents where I got sent off, they were foolish at the time. Not only did I hurt myself, but I hurt the team and perhaps the club as well."But, whenever a negative comes around I try to bring a positive out of it and the only thing I can say is this: it just goes to show the fire's still burning for me."I still want to put my foot in where it needs to be put in and try to be courageous. If I wasn't that way inclined, it'd perhaps seem like I was coming towards the end."
It shows both myself and other people that I'm still up for it. I'm feeling good and I'm not just here to make up the numbers.".....
Despite pre-season fears that the striker might be prone to lengthy injury absences, he has not missed a single Rangers game through lack of fitness all season." In my last couple of years at Birmingham I had all manner of injuries and hopefully those are out of the way now. As soon as you're training and playing regularly, you build up a base of fitness and, touch wood, I've not been injured for some time," Furlong added."It's been an up and down season, but I've always said that if everyone's fit and the gaffer's got his pick, we can do well in this league."I'm pleased with the way I'm playing and the most encouraging thing for me is that I'm still getting chances each game I play."At the moment the goalkeeper's saving them, or they're going wide, but eventually they will go in.
"Tommy Doherty could be back in the QPR line-up for the first time since mid-November after coming through this week's reserve team friendly against Chelsea with no ill effects.Doherty has been out of action with a shin problem, but is likely to make his comeback against the Foxes, while fellow midfielder Martin Rowlands should also return to the squad.Loan signing Marcin Kus is also in line to make his first team debut after he was also given a run-out in the Chelsea friendly. http://www.wktimes.co.uk/content/brent/wembleychronicle/sport/story.aspx?brand=KLBTOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportwkc&itemid=WeED24%20Jan%202006%2019%3A53%3A37%3A723

Blog Archive