QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 23, 2006

Holloway - FA Not Interested in His Bung/Agents Ideas

-
Mirror - THE FA DON'T GIVE A FLYING HOOT FOR MY BUNG CLAIM SAYS IAN HOLLOWAY
IAN HOLLOWAY has launched a furious attack on the FA and claims they don't give "a flying hoot" whether he was offered a backhander or not. "....
He said: "I can't tell the FA or FIFA what to do because I'm only a little bloke from Bristol.
"I really don't think the FA give a flying hoot what I think. "They won't say 'Oh Ian Holloway's come up with a good idea, that's how we can solve that problem'. "Do you think they will listen to a little bloke like me? "I should be sitting in the FA's offices smoking a big cigar because I would make it illegal for any club to pay a player's agent.
"The contract would be between the player and the agent. If that was set in stone, no-one could cheat.
"If I told them how to change the rules, they wouldn't listen to me. They'd be more likely to say 'shut up you Bristol muppet.'
"I've wanted to talk to them about why my players might be charged for a problem at Stoke earlier in the season, and I can't get a call from them.
"Then the minute the press starts digging, they want to speak to me."
There has never been any suggestion of wrong-doing on Holloway's part. And the fact that his match-day suit was bought from Oxfam for £17.50 suggests that, despite the cash flying around the game, he isn't seeing much of it.
Luton boss Newell admits he feared at first that his revelations might have implications for the rest of his career.
"But the reaction I've had since from fans and from clubs, like at Wolves last week, has changed my mind," he said. "I am concerned at the amounts of money clubs like us are having to pay for nothing. "If an agent brings a player to you that you've never seen before in your life, and he's good, then I agree with paying the agent. But the players we have are ones we've gone out and looked at every night. Then the agent has turned up, asking for more for the player, and then getting his lump sum. It doesn't make sense.
"Players should pay their agents. Players, no-one else."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=16616274%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=the%2dfa%2ddon%2dt%2dgive%2da%2dflying%2dhoot%2dfor%2dmy%2dbung%2dclaim%2dsays%2dian%2dholloway-name_page.html


BBC - Holloway cynical about FA action

Blog Archive