QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 16, 2006

Holloway on Walcott/Arsenal...Newell/Agents...Premiership...FA Charge re Stoke Game

-
HOLLOWAY'S VIEWS

Guardian - Walcott back to reality as Saints prepare for parting of ways Jeremy Wilson

"It's everyone's dream to play for Arsenal with the beautiful football they play and you could see why they are big admirers," said the QPR manager Ian Holloway. "But what's Walcott going to learn playing Under-19s? He's better off playing in front of real crowds, scoring goals, dealing with highs and lows."

. The result gives QPR hope of pushing into the Premiership via the play-offs although Holloway was urging caution. "We'd get murdered," he said.

The QPR manager has also entered the debate on football agents. "I've not experienced what Mike [Newell] is talking about for four years," he said. "I thought the two people I was talking about were free transfers. The second that these two agents told me they weren't I said 'go on' to my directors then. I'd pass the names on to the FA, but I can't prove it."

Holloway also has the FA in his sights after his players were charged following the recent fracas against Stoke. "I want to see the FA big time if they are going to charge my players for misbehaving when my players got attacked and beat up in the middle of the game," he said.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1687270,00.html

Blog Archive