QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Holloway's Comments re Game & Transfers

-
HOLLOWAY'S COMMENTS

OFFICIAL SITE
Ian Holloway thinks the difference in quality was the main factor in Rangers FA Cup defeat at Blackburn Rovers.
"They are a Premiership side and they have quality all over the place. You only have to give them a sniff of a chance and they will punish you.
I am disappointed about the first goal because it was a free header from a set piece. It was a shame because we started well and had two good chances, one from Baidoo and the other from Furlong."
Holloway was impressed by the contributions made by some of the younger members of his squad.
"It's exciting times here, we have got some good yougsters coming through, I was impressed with Shabazz Baidoo today and Scott Donnelly is now pushing for a place.
Our fans were magnificent yet again and I hope they were proud of the players. We are a long way off Blackburn but I don't think we are too far away from the Premiership, we have to keep on moving forward."
With the transfer window now open Ollie is looking to strengthen his squad.
"I could do with a couple more defenders and I may have one or two lined up. I could also do with another stiker, but we'll have to see how it goes becuase I have some very good younsters knocking on the door now."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~765179,00.html


TEAMTALK Boss rues missed chances

Ian Holloway felt that missed opportunities cost his side dear as QPR slumped to a 3-0 FA Cup defeat at Blackburn.Paul Furlong and Shabazz Baidoo both could have put the Championship side in front before Andy Todd opened the scoring for Rovers, and Craig Bellamy's brace sealed the win.And Holloway said: "Blackburn then scored from a set-piece, a free header and we lost some confidence."We showed them too much respect and got one or two simple things wrong."How we lost the second half I'm not quite sure. I am quite upset about it."I thought a few people could step up but not enough did in certain areas." http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1801_934086,00.html

Blog Archive