QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 02, 2006

Holloway's Comments

-
Official Site - I'M SATISFIED

Ian Holloway was a satisfied man after Rangers ended their hectic festive schedule with seven points from a possible 12.
Gareth Ainsworth's header on the stroke of half-time guaranteed the Hoops a share of the spoils against Burnley, who had earlier taken the lead courtesy of Chris McCann's super strike.
"I'm pleased with seven points out of 12 because I've never known a series of games like it in all my time involved in football."This has been the craziest bunch of games I've ever been involved in and I'm just keeping everything crossed that Marc Nygaard, Matthew Rose and Marc Bircham will be okay."I've given the players two days off and I think they deserve it.''
"I was very dissapointed with the first half display against Brighton, but since then it's been a great turnaround."Today was again very dissapointing in the first half. We took too long on the ball and didn't pass at the right time."Micah Hyde was running the game but once we realised we needed to hit the long diagonal balls to get behind him we had some joy.''
With the January transfer window now open, Holloway also revealed he is due to discuss his long list of targets with Gianni Paladini on Tuesday morning."The transfer window will be used to look at moving the club forward and I'm due to sit down with Gianni and Antonio tomorrow to speak about the targets."I've got 6-8 targets in three different brackets. Some are buys, some expensive and some are in the loan category. We'll see what comes of it, but I've made a few calls and I'm quite optimistic.''Holloway reserved a final thought for two of the club's young guns, Shabazz Baidoo and home debutant Scott Donnelly."Shabazz and Scott are the type of characters I'm looking for at this club and will both do very well.''
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~762591,00.html
TO WATCH OLLIE'S INTERVIEW WHERE HE TALKS MORE ABOUT HIS TRANSFER TARGETS GO TO QPR WORLD


Q.P.R - Holloway -"I need to sell"
Clubcall

Queens Park Rangers manager Ian Holloway has admitted he needs to sell some of his players in order to strengthen his squad in January.
Following the 1-1 home draw against Burnley, the Hoops boss will be looking to make moves in the transfer window.
"I've got to get rid of people in my squad to make room. I am due to talk to the players who have not been doing it for me," revealed Holloway.
"They can move on in this window and hopefully we can move on."
Holloway also pinpointed the need to bring a striker to Loftus Road : "At the moment we haven't got a striker in the higher echelons of the scoring charts
http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-169529-19728-36699-221366-13916-5024-layout104-186747-news-item,00.html


RANGERS RELY ON ROSE
Sporting Life
QPR boss Ian Holloway highlighted the contribution of fit-again defender Matthew Rose following his team's 1-1 Coca-Cola Championship draw against Burnley.
Rose, recently back after a groin injury, was outstanding at the heart of the Rangers defence before being substituted late in the game.
Holloway, whose side secured a point thanks to Gareth Ainsworth's goal, said: "We are reliant on Matthew Rose at the moment.
"He's vital to us. I didn't really want to play him three times in a week after he was out for 12 weeks - but I felt I had to.
"He was superb for us - and so was Dan Shittu alongside him. Matthew does so well for me at left-back and opens a door for us by sprinting past Lee Cook on that wing.
"Today I felt if he played at left-back he would have had to come off sooner than he did. He's torn something, and my physio's got the raving hump with me because he feels he should have come off at half time."
Holloway was relieved to see his team come through the tough Christmas and new year schedule.
"That was a surreal match. Four games in eight days is one game too many in my opinion, and it shows," he said.
"They scored a wonderful goal against the run of play - but for near enough the whole of the second half we were the better side."
Chris McCann's shot from just outside the box put Burnley ahead in the 10th minute.
Worse almost followed for Rangers when Richard Langley gave the ball way - and from Wade Elliott's low cross, Ade Akinbiyi was denied by a miraculous save from Simon Royce.
James O'Connor's header brought another good save from Royce, before Ainsworth equalised.
Ainsworth's looping header - his fifth goal of the season - came right at the end of the first half.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/01/02/SOCCER_QPR_2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

Blog Archive