QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Holloway on his Signings & Failure to Sign Thompson

-
CLUBCALL
Q.P.R. - Holloway on Thompson bid

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway has admitted his bid to sign Linfield striker Peter Thompson ended in failure but is pleased with the business he has been able to do.

The Rangers boss moved late on deadline-day to sign striker Leon Clarke and defender Keith Lowe on loan for the remainder of the season.

However the top target was Thompson who has been attracting plenty of interest after impressing for Linfield and Holloway was disappointed not to get the deal: "We won't be signing him. I don't know what it has come down to but we have been watching him for a year and a half.

"It is dead at the moment as they want to win the league and are in three competitions.

"From my point of view I need to freshen things up. We have signed Leon Clarke and Keith Lowe until the end of the season and a couple of new defenders. I could possibly pick a whole new back four and at least I have the options."

Holloway also admits that young striker Stefan Moore could be loaned out in an attempt for the youngster to get his confidence back: "We may have borrowed them but we have worked hard to do the deals.

"I was on the phone all day and now with the additions we have made and a few more things that I have got lined up we may see one or two loaned out - maybe Stefan Moore and I have spoken to him about it.

"He needs to go and play a batch of games at a lower level than this and get his self-esteem back. I have seen him do some fantastic things in training but at the minute it is not happening for him and he is not getting the support he needs. I can now do that."

http://217.158.112.238/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5034-169529-19728-36699-228573-13916-5024-layout104-186747-news-item,00.html

Blog Archive