QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, February 06, 2006

Waddock Talks about What he Expects from his Team

-
OFFICIAL SITE
WADDOCK SPEAKS

Gary Waddock took charge of his first training session on Monday morning and was happy to get it out of the way.
"It's been a hectic morning, I spoke to the players regarding the situation then we split the lads into two groups. The guys who played on Saturday did a cool down and then a weights session with Scott Rushton. The other group played in a football session overseen by myself and Joe Gallen."
"I also spoke to many of the senior players on a one to one basis to get my points across."
Waddock is known around the club as a nice guy but he knows he will have to get tough to fulfil his role.
"I'm a nice guy and I'm an honest guy and I know I'll only keep eleven players happy. I'm here to do a job, I'm a professional person and I will get the players and the team ready that will win the next match for the club. Yes I will have to make hard decisions but I am not frightened or afraid to make them."
Waddock played in a Rangers side with plenty of flair and would like to continue that with his own side.
"The style of play will change overnight. Everyone has their own football philosophy and I have mine."
"I want the players to be able to express themselves and enjoy the style of play. We will pass it and there will be lots of movement."
"I want them to be creative and express themselves as well .I will encourage them to play out from the back but I'm not naive, I know we also need to get results - but with a certain brand of football.
Having been in charge of the reserve team Waddock knows about most of the players but no-one will get into his side on reputation only.
"Everyone starts from scratch today. Some senior players will play play for the reserves tomorrow in order to help with their fitness ahead of Saturday's game."
"I will need the crowds help and support. I want my team to excite them and get the noise back to Loftus Road. When it's in full voice it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and I want it to be our fortress."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~779400,00.html

Blog Archive