QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

McDonald Extends his Stay....- Royce on Getting Back his Place

-
BBC - McDonald stays alongside QPR boss
Alan McDonald is staying on as Gary Waddock's right-hand man at QPR.
McDonald, who spent 17 years as a player at Loftus Road, returned when Waddock was placed in charge after Ian Holloway was put on 'gardening leave.'
The former centre-back recently sold his Wiltshire home to move back to Northern Ireland and initially agreed to help Waddock on a short-term basis.
But McDonald will stay until at least the end of the season, when the futures of both men are likely to be resolved.
Waddock said: "It's good news. I'd like the job full-time and I definitely want to have him alongside me.
"Originally he agreed to help out until March, but we sat down and talked about it and he'll be staying longer."
The Rangers board want to install Waddock on a permanent basis but must first agree a pay-off with Holloway, who was axed after poor results and a series of behind-the-scenes problems.
"If I'm offered the job I certainly won't turn it down," Waddock admitted.
"But what happens in the longer term depends on the situation with Ian Holloway. He is still the manager of this football club.
"Until that changes, I'm working on a game-to-game basis and I'm pleased with the way things are going."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/4776994.stm


TEAMTALK - Royce aims to roll over Jones
QPR goalkeeper Simon Royce is confident of winning back his first-team place despite Paul Jones' excellent form.Royce has missed Rangers' last five matches with hip and groin problems and caretaker-boss Gary Waddock has since brought in Wales international Jones, whose performances have been superb.But Royce - who is due to play for Rangers reserves against Crawley on Tuesday - believes he should regain his spot in the match at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday."I now have to fight to get my place back," Royce said. "I would like to think that after playing 33 games this year I've done enough to give Gary a massive headache and win back my place."But Paul Jones has done very well, so it won't be easy."
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1801_1066598,00.html

Blog Archive