QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, May 22, 2006

Holloway's Dream of Managing Ipswich

-
EADT 24 (Sussex and Essex Newspaper online)
Dowie may join Town manager shortlist
22 May 2006 07:30
DEREK DAVIS

".....The Blues have conducted a number of initial interviews already and more will take place today and tomorrow.Once the shortlist has been drawn up candidates will be invited to meet the full Town board before a third and final interview takes place.....
Meanwhile, Ian Holloway last night told the EADT that he would love a crack at managing Ipswich and has applied for the job.The EADT revealed on Saturday how Holloway was a leading candidate and was believed to be among the early list of prospects that had met with Sheepshanks and Bowden.Holloway admitted he had been in talks with a couple of league clubs but would not say which clubs.
Holloway said: “I would be in dreamland if I thought I was in with a chance of managing Ipswich. My agent has sent my CV to them, as he has a lot of other clubs.“I have nothing but the highest regard and admiration for Ipswich - it is a massive club.“
I have always loved going to Portman Road, back from when I came on as a substitute in the FA Youth Cup many years ago when I was with Bristol Rovers and we had a certain Geraint Williams in midfield for us.“We had steak and chips before the game and a meal after, before we came back to Bristol. I never forgot that hospitality and it is still as good today.“It is a wonderful club. I have met Mr Sheepshanks in the past and he is a real gentleman, while Joe Royle is an absolute hero of mine.“I would love to manage Ipswich, and good luck to the man who does get the job.”Millwall and Yeovil are among a number of clubs who are also thought to be keen on Holloway.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zsport&itemid=IPED22%20May%202006%2007%3A22%3A35%3A160

Blog Archive