QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, October 19, 2006

"He Said/He Said" Paladini on AKUTRs

-
On September 25, QPR Chairman, Gianni Paladini made the following statement about AKUTRs which was posted on QPR's Official Site as a "Club Statement." Paladini concluded his statement "I shall make no further comment on this matter until either the apology and retraction has been received or legal proceedings are concluded." Three weeks later, at the Fan Forum, Paladini spoke about the AKUTRs (in response to a question.)

September 25: Club Statement by Gianni Paladini on the recent edition of 'A Kick Up The Rs:'
The publication 'A Kick Up The Rs' has recently published a deeply misleading, inaccurate and scandalous article about myself and Queens Park Rangers FC.
A number of serious allegations have been made in that publication which are not true. The publication failed to contact myself or anyone else at the Club to verify their allegations.
Considering the seriousness of the allegations, I have been reluctantly forced to take legal action. The matter is now in the hands of my solicitors.
I expect a comprehensive retraction and apology from the publication for publishing these falsehoods. If they are not prepared to provide that, the matter will be dealt with by the courts.
I am sorry it must come to this, but in order for me to be able to defend myself from such blatant and hurtful untruths, I have no alternative than to take this action.
I shall make no further comment on this matter until either the apology and retraction has been received or legal proceedings are concluded.
Official


October 13: QPR OFFICIAL Site - Paladini at the October 12 Fan Forum

GP on AKUTR'S: I didn't take this man to court. People think I take people to court because the coffee is too cold. ....The magazine, I never said I would take them to court, I wanted a chance to respond to serious things that were said about me in that magazine, he never had the decency to get in touch with me for a discussion and my side, I'm talking about the journalist here not the man who edits the magazine. If you don't do anything about this, you're guilty. The allegations he made against me are wrong. If they are true then I shouldn't be the chairman. If they are right I'd resign tomorrow
Fan Forum

Blog Archive