QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ian Holloway's Philosophy of Encouragement and Being The Players' "Father"

-
Ian Holloway speaking on the Plymouth Official Site: "...I am the biggest encourager of people I have ever met in my life...I put things in a way that was not critical but positive and if he does it, I will reward him...I have never shirked my responsibility as a parent and I am their Father."

Plymouth Official Site - Ian Holloway "ENCOURAGEMENT IS THE KEY"
Argyle manager Ian Holloway believes the return to form of Bojan Djordjic is all down to positive encouragement.
The Serbian winger scored within five minutes of his first start in 13 months in the weekend draw at Southend, and Djordjic ran straight to the Argyle bench to celebrate with Holloway. The manager had placed Djordjic on the transfer-list in August and challenged him to improve his attitude and application.
"I am the biggest encourager of people I have ever met in my life," said Holloway.
"Why did Bojan run over to me? It was because I put things in a way that was not critical but positive and if he does it, I will reward him.
"It spoke volumes to me from a bloke I have treated the way I have treated. I have never shirked my responsibility as a parent and I am their Father."
Plymouth

Blog Archive