QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lee Cook Speaking About His Future in Light of Transfer Speculation

-
Lee Cook - Icons.com - Transfer speculation motivates me to do well
The latest I have heard is that Spurs, Man City and Villa have all expressed an interest in me, but until that interest is turned into a firm offer there is no decision for anyone to make.
Of course it is flattering to hear that those massive Premiership clubs like what I'm doing and it does give a real boost to your confidence. Knowing clubs like that are interested just motivates me to play better.
But there haven't been any firm offers and even if there was, it would have to be accepted by the club before I would be moving anywhere. As it is I'm happy at QPR. I love the club and I get on really well with the other players who are a great bunch of lads.
It is flattering to hear that those massive Premiership clubs like what I'm doing and it does give a real boost to your confidence.
Like any player I am ambitious to play at the highest levels, but if nothing comes of the interest from other clubs I will happily carry on playing here and doing my best week after week to help QPR climb the table.
At the moment I'm just concentrating on getting fit again to play as soon as possible. My chest injury is a tough one though, because it gets aggravated every time I sneeze, cough, or even breathe. I was told it would take a week or two to clear up, but it's now been two weeks and it's getting quite frustrating.
I went for a run on Monday and breathing heavily was very painful, so I just don't know for sure when I'll be back. I'm aiming to make it for the Wolves' game at the weekend, but it's a slow process and I might need a bit more time.
We've lost four on the bounce now and that isn't good, but I feel we've been a bit unlucky. We shouldn't have lost at least two of those four and on Saturday the gaffer was left with a really hard selection problem because so many players were out. It meant he had to change formations and tactics which wasn't ideal. But we've got players coming back from injury and if we can get a win under our belts it will do wonders for our confidence – and it's all about confidence.
I really do hope I can make it back for Wolves on Saturday. ...Icons

Blog Archive