QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One-Time QPR "Reject" Birmingham's DJ Campbell

-
Ex-QPR's DJ Campbell on His Early Career
Birmingham Mail DJ spins winning line for Blues Dec 26 2006 By Colin Tattum

DJ CAMPBELL has insisted that Blues would not become complacent as they look to maintain their fine run of form against QPR today in the St Andrew's 100th anniversary match..... All I can do when the gaffer gives me a chance is my job and try and score....Campbell, who grew up in the White City area of London and whose family still live near Loftus Road, admitted that he almost ruined his career at QPR.
"I was there as a kid. From eight to 16 years of age.
"I was released because of attitude problems. I admit that. I didn't realise what I had back then.
"If things didn't go my way, if there were decisions I didn't like, I felt as if the world was against me to be honest.
"But what happened has helped me to get where I am now. Had I not experienced all that, I wouldn't be here.

"It was part of learning, growing up. It helped make me the man I am now and a better person. Things work in strange ways."
And ironically, current QPR boss John Gregory was in charge at Villa, where Campbell then spent eight months trying to make the grade.
But the same problems occured along with homesickness. Campbell shrugged that it was understandable Gregory "never paid much attention to me". Birmingham Mail

Blog Archive