QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, January 12, 2007

Gallen on Leaving QPR and Joining Plymouth

-
Photos of Kevin Gallen Joining Plymouth - Plymouth Official Site - Photos

Plymouth Official Site - Gallen Feels at Home
KEVIN Gallen admitted to feeling immediately at home within minutes of arriving at Home Park on a six-month loan from Queens Park Rangers.
Moments after stepping off a delayed train at Plymouth's North Hill station, the 31-year-old striker told a Home Park press conference that he was pleased to link up again with his former Rangers' manager.
"I am delighted to be here, and it is great to see Ian Holloway," he said.
"There are other people here I know from my time at QPR.
"Des Bulpin was my youth team coach at QPR, so I have known him since I was 14-years-old. I also know Tim Breacker and Gary Penrice from QPR, so it is just like old times.
"I hope I can show the form and play the way I played under Ollie when he was at QPR a few years ago.
"I can sense that this is a club with honesty, while I have been at a club back in London where it has all been politics.
"I am delighted to get a fresh start. I really hope it goes well and I am up for the challenge." Plymouth

BBC - Plymouth sign trio on loan deals
Plymouth have signed Hungarian duo Peter Halmosi and Krisztian Timar and Queens Park Ranger's striker Kevin Gallen on loan.
The trio will remain at Home Park until the end of the season, with the option for the Pilgrims to sign Halmosi from Debrecen for £400,000 in the summer.
Timar, like Halmosi a 27-year-old, has joined from Ferencvaros after impressing while training at the club.
Gallen, 31, has made more than 300 appearances for QPR in two spells.
And Pilgrims manager Ian Holloway, who managed Gallen at Loftus Road, said: "Kevin is one of the best players I have ever worked with and I've got him from now until the end of the season.
"He was my captain and hardly ever missed a game when I was at QPR.
"I thought he covered a lot of options for us while I try to buy the other type of striker that I need - a big, strong fellow who can head things
." BBC

Blog Archive