QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ex-QPR: Holloway on Gallen...Gallen on Cup Game...Mike Sheron at Bury...Paul Bruce's 29th Birthday

-
UPDATED:
KEVIN COMMENT in The Guardian
"Kevin Gallen...has followed Holloway to Home Park. "It's nice to be reunited with Ollie," he said. "I think he has missed me immensely. It's great to be playing for someone who is honest. He tells you the truth and there are no hidden agendas. I didn't play last week but he told me the reason straight to my face." Guardian

Holloway on Gallen - The Independent -"Controversy aside, Gallen was excellent in a generally impressive Plymouth performance, using his body intelligently and showing a cuteness and a cleverness Holloway remembers from his days at Loftus Road. "I don't think he's as fit as when I left," the former QPR manager said. "We used to do ongoing things to keep him nailed down in his exercises. He's very disillusioned about the club he's loved all his life. I need to get him back to where he was confidence-wise and in his body." Independent

Ian Holloway on Kevin Gallen - Plymouth Official Site
"....Kev [Gallen] was very clever. He linked play brilliantly for us all day...
I know what Kev can do. I don't think he is anything like as fit as he was when I left QPR, so I have had to leave him out a couple of times. I need to get him back to where he was confidence-wise and in his body, but I am delighted with him today. He linked play and helped make Sylv look a better player..." Plymouth

Kevin Gallen on The Game - Plymouth Official Site HAPPY GALLEN
ARGYLE goal hero Kevin Gallen admitted getting through to the last eight of the FA Cup was a huge thrill.
Gallen scored the Pilgrims' first from the penalty spot after 13 minutes in the 2-0 fifth-round win over Derby, which was sealed by teenager Scott Sinclair's header in the 84th minute.
"It's a great feeling to get into the quarter-finals," he said. "It's been a great day. The crowd's gone home buzzing, so I'm pleased.
"I think we dominated the first half and pretty much the whole of the second half. Derby had a couple of shots in the second half and, from one, our 'keeper made a good save, but other than that, I didn't see much that gave us anything to worry about.
Gallen was brought down by Dean Leacock to win the penalty from which Argyle took a 13th-minute lead.
He said: "The ball was a long kick, I chased it down, just touched it past the defender, and he clipped my heels, and I went down. It was a penalty."
When Darren Moore fouled Krisztián Timár in the 30th minute to give Gallen a second chance from 12 yards, Derby goalkeeper Steve Bywater tried using a bit of kidology on the Argyle striker before saving the kick.
"I wasn't listening to him," said Gallen, "but he was going on quite a bit. Fair play, he made a good save and it was a good bit of banter - I scored one, he saved one, and we won the game. If we'd have lost, I'd be kicking myself.
"I decided to go for the different corner but he didn't psyche me. I'd already made the decision."
Gallen was also involved in the incident which saw Moore sent off midway through the second half after the Derby skipper received a second yellow card.
"He got booked a couple of minutes beforehand," said Gallen. "The ball was played into the channel, I turned to run after it and he blocked me. Being Darren's size, it's like running into a bus. He's a big unit. I couldn't stay on my feet.
"I fell over. I didn't dive. The linesman spotted it straight away. I didn't send him off; it was the referee and the linesman, so I don't know what the hoo-hah was. Darren didn't complain - it was the other players who hadn't seen it."
Argyle sealed the victory six minutes from time when David Norris hunted down the ball and crossed for Sinclair to head home.
Gallen said: "All credit must go to Chuck because that was one hell of a run with six minutes to go. He's bombed 50-60 yards.
"Scott's got the world at his feet at the moment. He's 17 and has just got through to the quarter-finals of the cup. His potential is frightening, really.
"I'm really pleased for him. He's a great lad, he's got great character." Plymouth

EX-QPR MIKE SHERON Coaching at Bury
Manchester Evening News February 1, 2007 - Sheron takes Shakers post
FORMER Manchester City striker Mike Sheron has gone back to where it all began by joining Bury as their new Centre of Excellence manager.
Sheron made his league debut nearly 16 years ago while on loan at Bury from City.
He also went on to play for Norwich, Stoke, QPR, Barnsley, Blackpool, Macclesfield and Shrewsbury before moving into coaching, working as part of the Academy set up at City. Sheron will now be responsible for developing the youngsters who enter the Shakers' Centre of Excellence system. He replaces former Preston defender Ryan Kidd, who has moved on to Barnsley.
Shakers boss Chris Casper said: "Mike interviewed very well. Everybody knows Mike Sheron, a good goalscorer and a good coach as well.
"We have to produce our own youngsters, and anyone who does send their child here knows that the first team is a real opportunity for them to progress their career."
Shakers youth team manager Chris Beech added: "We had more than 75 applications for Ryan Kidd's position. We had a lot of strong candidates, but Mike just edged it.
"He is hungry, he needs an opportunity and we are giving him one. Manchester Evening News

Ex-QPR Paul Bruce Turns 29 - Born February 18, 1978

Blog Archive