QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, March 02, 2007

QPR Chairman Paladini Explains/Apologizes re his Post-Match Comments to Ian Holloway

-
After last saturday's game there were various reports about what QPR Chairman Gianni Paladini said to former manager Ian Holloway (and whether he was being mean, sarcastic or simply joking.) Dave McIntyre in the Gazette reports on the explanation Paladini offered him.

No offence meant to Ollie - Paladini
QPR 1 Plymouth 1 -By David McIntyre


QPR chairman Gianni Paladini has apologised after remarks he aimed at Ian Holloway angered a group of fans following Saturday’s draw with Plymouth.
Holloway, back at Loftus Road for the first time since being sacked as Rangers manager, was given a warm reception by the home supporters.
He was signing autographs outside the ground afterwards when Paladini was heard to joke “give us an autograph, ‘Ollie’” and “come back, we miss you!”
That was taken by some as mocking the former Rs boss - much to Paladini’s bemusement.
“I certainly didn’t mean it like that and I’m sincerely sorry if I gave anyone that impression,” he said.
"I don’t want to offend anyone and thought nothing of it until I got a couple of phone calls telling me some people were upset.
“Despite what people might think, myself and Ian Holloway are on good terms and we had just been speaking to each other and catching up.
“As I walked past I said something to him which I meant as a joke between friends - nothing more than that.
“I’m shocked that some people there thought I was making fun of him and them. That was the last thing on my mind.”
Holloway was denied a winning return by Lee Cook’s 59th-minute equaliser - a goal that temporarily kept QPR out of the bottom three.
Barnsley’s win at Stoke on Monday night then dragged Rangers into the drop zone.
Plymouth played the final nine minutes with 10 men after Lilian Nalis, whose goal had earlier put them ahead, was sent off for two bookable offences.
"There will always be a part of me which belongs to Rangers, but I am a Pilgrim now,” Holloway reflected.
"I wish QPR well, and I wish John Gregory well. He is a good manager and can keep them in this division.”
Gregory’s team now face a vital match at Ipswich on Saturday having failed to take maximum points at home.
"The opportunity to win was there for us against Plymouth, especially after Nalis was sent off,” Gregory admitted. Ealing Gazette

Blog Archive