QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, March 31, 2007

QPR's Rehman on QPR, Fulham and Brighton

-
Brighton Argus/Andy Naylor
Zesh: You've got me buzzing

Zesh Rehman revealed today that Albion have given him back the buzz of playing after he began to feel like the Invisible Man.

Rehman, re-signed on loan from QPR, made his first appearance for six weeks in last Saturday's 0-0 home draw against Huddersfield.

He lost his place at Championship strugglers Rangers under former Seagull John Gregory, a familiar feeling after previously falling out of Premiership contention at Fulham.

Rehman said: "I was 21 when I made my Premiership debut for Fulham and I had a decent run in the side, because there were a lot of injuries at that time.

"As soon as the senior pros started to get fit my opportunities were limited. I could have stayed there for another two years and just been on the fringes and played the odd game here and there but if I am not playing I am a nightmare to be around.

"Being out there on a Saturday is a buzz, whether it is at Brighton, Fulham or QPR. I had that at QPR for the first six months of the season but then a new manager came in and I didn't play for a little while so, rather than just getting stale, I've come to Brighton and hopefully I can kick on again when I get back there.

"Football is about where you are at the moment. People have got short memories, so rather than not playing it is good to be visible again and have people talking about you playing."

Rehman is hoping for an improved Albion display in attacking areas at Northampton following his clean sheet start at rightback in the dull deadlock with Huddersfield.

"Defensively we were okay," he said. "It was just in the middle third and the final third that we could have had a bit more quality and the decision-making could have been a little bit better."

Rehman's on-loan QPR colleague Nick Ward is unlikely to feature in midfield. He only arrived back from Australia in the early hours this morning after playing for the under-23s in two Olympic qualifiers.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/display.var.1299778.0.zesh_youve_got_me_buzzing.php

Blog Archive