QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, April 13, 2007

Ex-QPR's Ian Evatt Doing Great at Blackpool

-
[In the article, doesn't talk about his QPR experiences]

Blackpool Gazette - Ian Evatt

Player of the year contender Ian Evatt has admitted that his season has been a real rags to riches story.
The popular defender began the season out of the picture at Queens Park Rangers and not expecting to figure in their first team.
But on the eve of the campaign he was shipped out to Blackpool on loan – and QPR's loss has been the Seasiders' gain.
After sitting on the bench for the first three games – all defeats – the 25-year-old eventually got the nod from the manager and hasn't looked back. He made his 40th appearance of the season at Huddersfield on Easter Monday and then reflected on a hugely successful year.
"It's turned into a brilliant year," he admitted. "I wanted to play first team football at the start of the season.
"I spoke to the manager Simon Grayson before I came and he told me things about this football club, that it was going places – and it has.
"It has moved on leaps and bounds from last season. We are on the verge of the Championship and if we can keep winning games you never know.
"I had to sit on the bench for the first three games which no one likes doing.
"I had to be patient but I came in eventually and managed to keep my place and the team have been doing well. So it's good for me and good for the team.
"I think now we've got to be very confident that we can go up because other than Scunthorpe we are the team in form. We have to go into every game going for the win.
"It's a tough end to the season, but we've already beaten Scunthorpe at their place and so we have to go into that game expecting to beat them.
"We outplayed Swansea here earlier in the campaign and were unlucky not to win so we've got a great chance in that one too.
"If we can keep winning I don't think we can rule anything out yet – and that includes automatic promotion.
"We've just got to keep picking up maximum points. Every game is a cup final now."
Evatt is one of the front-runner's for The Gazette's player of the season award.
"If I'm being mentioned that's flattering," he added. "I came here to do as well as I can and that's what I've been doing.
Doubt
"If I'm up there in the running for player of the season then happy days for me." Blackpool Gazette

Blog Archive