QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ex-QPR Leroy Rosenoir Fired As Torquay Manager - Having Just Been Appointed

-
BBC - Sunday, 20 May 2007
Gulls 'axe boss after 10 minutes'


Rosenior managed Torquay for four years in his first spell in charge
Leroy Rosenior has broken the record for the shortest ever tenure by a manager at an English club, BBC Five Live understands.
The former Brentford boss was sacked just 10 minutes after being introduced as Torquay's new manager on Thursday.
Rosenior, 43, was first-team coach at Plainmoor and was appointed as Keith Curle's successor.
The Gulls were relegated from the Football League two weeks ago and were put up for sale on Sunday. BBC


TORQUAY OFFICIAL STATEMENT - 5/17
Torquay Appoint New Manager


Torquay United are delighted to announce the appointment of our new manager Leroy Rosenior.

leroy-rovers

Leroy previously led The Gulls to promotion to league one in 2004. Torquay United believe that Leroy is the ideal man to head The Gulls in their campaign to regain Football League status following our relegation into the Blue Square Premier.

Leroy's career has seen him play for West Ham, QPR, Fulham and Bristol City. He has held coaching/managerial roles at Shrewsbury, Brentford and of course most famously at Torquay.

Leroy is keen to restore some stability to the playing side and said:

" The club (Torquay United) is very low at the moment. Everything is going to stem from what happens on the pitch next season, I am aware of that and I am not pretending its going to be easy. The supporters know the way I like to see my team play and we will be getting the best players available to come to Torquay." The quality of football played by Torquay in their promotion season of 2004 is something all fans will recall.

Leroy added "Success may not come overnight and I want players coming to this club that are dedicated to the cause and are proud to wear the shirt!."

"I am obviously delighted to be back at Torquay, I know the club inside out and I am confident that I can repeat the successful times but I also recognise how tough it can be in this division. People have said the structure at Torquay is wrong, its not wrong, its just different. It worked before and it will work again. We are on a budget but budgets can be worked to. I will be working 'part time' in the sense that I am being paid a part time wage for a full time job. I will be at the club on a full time basis, I obviously have my commitments with Sierra Leone, but that will not interfere with my position here at Torquay."

"I am enthused to be back here, in a lot of senses I wish I had never left. The Torquay United fans are amongst the best I have ever met, they are as honest as the day is long - and I like that. If you see me in the street, come and talk to me, if you want to watch us train - come on over. I want to hear what you've got to say".

Joining the Torquay United team alongside Leroy is John Milton. John will be assisting Leroy in the scouting and recruitment of players.

John is a huge fan of Torquay United and is providing his services on a voluntary basis. John also currently scouts for Northampton, Yeovil and Grimsby.

John said "Leroys heart is in Torquay. Even after he left he was always checking in with me after I had watched them play asking what they looked like. Leroy is very respected in what he does and over the last 24 hours Leroy and I have been talking to a lot of players and the high regard with which Leroy is held, shows".

Everyone at Torquay would like to welcome Leroy & John on board.
Torquay Statement

Blog Archive