QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Harford set for QPR coaching job"

-
[The BBC is reporting that Colchester's Mick Harford is set to join QPR. However there is nothing new on either the QPR or the Colchester Official sites]

Colchester Evening Gazette - Harford signing for QPR
By Matt Plummer - Colchester Evening Gazette

MICK Harford was today set to become assistant manager at Queens Park Rangers.

And the Colchester United number two admitted it was the hardest decision' of his career to quit Layer Road.

Geraint Williams' right-hand man was on his way to Loftus Road this morning to sign a one-year contract at the Hoops, working alongside boss John Gregory.

He told the Gazette: "I've agreed a contract and I'll be signing it today.

"This is something I've thought long and hard about and I can honestly say it's been the hardest decision of my career.

"Geraint gave me an opportunity to get back into football and for that I'll always be thankful.
I've got nothing but respect for the man, having learned so much from him, and I'll look back with great happiness when I reflect on my time at Layer Road." Colchester Gazette

BBC Harford set for QPR coaching job
Mick Harford is set to quit Colchester and join the coaching staff at QPR.
Harford joined the U's at the start of last season and helped manager Geraint Williams steer the club to 10th place in their first Championship campaign.
But the 48-year-old former Rotherham boss was granted permission to speak to QPR at the start of June.
The club's previous number two, Richard Hill, was suspended indefinitely by the club following February's infamous brawl with the China Olympic team.
Early favourites to replace Harford are the club's player-coach Aidan Davison and former player and present Charlton reserve-team manager Mark Kinsella. BBC

Blog Archive