QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Former QPR Chairman Bill Power Speaks Out and Poses Questions About QPR Takeover Developments

-
From Former QPR Chairman Bill Power....- August 15, 2007

The glib curt statement on the offish site seems to have some lines missing. Because it was for sale for the last month.

GP has been to see me several times each month. More, very kindly, to discuss my health rather than that of our club.

During those get togethers' it became obvious that new money and impetus was needed.

I spoke to some friends [all qpr] who said they were willing to buy out AC at the price he bought in at. To be honest against my advice which was to argue the shares were not worth what he had paid, but....

A plan was put in action by them. ABC would have been gone and sort out what was needed to repay any loans AC had outstanding which would have meant he waited for several years to be repaid in full but would receive 2.5mill up front and monthly payments, heaven forbid we got to the promised land and he would receive whatever was then o/s and a bonus to show gratitude for helping our club. In principle I believed the deal was done, everyone will be glad to know it did not involve me returning as anything other than in an honorary position.

Before the Celtic game I met Gianni to shake on the deal, but found that another option had risen and to make this absolutely clear. Gianni said he was willing still to accept the offer I had proposed if I insisted.

He gave me the briefest details of another offer, that we both agreed he need expand no more to me on.

For the good of our club it was obvious that no one needed to look any further. FULL STOP. I was happy to wish Gianni and his other bid every possible success. My group disbanded and went on to something else and I sat back then and began to dream.

From my limited knowledge of the clubs finances we will either go into administration by the end of the month or we will survive because someone..

A. puts in a minimum 5 million immediately.

or

B. gambles the survival of our club in the belief that they can sweet talk several football clubs and the tax man to wait for installments of the installments we have as a club been offering installments offor years!!!.

I don't doubt prominent 'QPR' people will ask, what do I know and why didn't i do things differently. I wonder if anyone will see the irony of those comments when they come from whoever.

If anyone thinks this is not the 59th minute of the 11th hour let me warn, this is not Fulham P.R. again or some kind of MK Rs it will be the end of our club.

I hate writing this because I am aware this sort of statement does nothing to help the side so would ask that no matter what happens over the next few days you show 100% support to John Gregory and the team and by all means vent your anger at me for not achieving more and in as constructive a way as is possible at this time anyone else you feel is or has let the club down.

To the the people who think they have a better plan than the takeover we so nearly had prior to the statement last night come out and tell us about it.

Tell us you are paying off ABC.

Tell us you are paying off other football clubs.

Tell us you are paying off the taxman.

Tell us our club is debt free.

Tell us about your plans to improve the ground.

There is no need to be coy, the club is not for sale. You will not be giving away trade secrets that anyone else can use against us. You will just be confirming you can pay our debts and improve our club. Think how happy we will all be to hear that.

Bill Power

[Originally Posted on the Independent Rs Site, August 15, 2007 - Indyrs

And a subsequent slightly more optimistic post from the former Chairman

Lets get positive
Think we all may be guilty [me very much included] of dragging ourselves into a self fulfilling spiral of despair.
Things are never over till they are over.
I am sure, no matter what, there are enough good people out there to make things happen.
Certain.
COME ON U Rssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indyrs

Blog Archive