QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jake Cole Gets Extended Contract...Ainsworth on Bristol City, Orient and Cardiff Games

-
QPR Official Site - COLE PENS EXTENSION

Goalkeeper Jake Cole has penned an improved one-year contract extension with QPR.
The 21 year-old stopper, who made five appearances in all competitions last season, has put pen to paper on a new deal which runs until June 2009.
Gaffer John Gregory told www.qpr.co.uk: "I have been immensely impressed by Jake's overall attitude and ability.
"He is still very young and I wanted to improve his contract, both financially and in length.
"He is a fantastic understudy to Lee Camp and I was keen to secure his services for at least the next two seasons QPR

Gareth Ainsworth - Kilburn Times
The lads brought back two things from Ashton Gate last weekend - a welcome point and a bucketload of self-belief.
Everyone I've spoken to felt we should have won the game and the way we bounced straight back twice was an incredible positive. That old adage about being vulnerable when you've just scored was proved and it's made us more determined not to be caught out like Bristol City were.
Our fitness levels looked superior, higher than this time last year, and I think it was a good point to win away from home. I'll gladly take 23 points from our away games this season.
It was great to see Damion Stewart score because we need goals all over the park - and it shows how lethal he can be from five yards!
Everyone was talking about Rowly's performance as well and it came as no surprise to anyone who's watched him in pre-season. He's had two bad seasons with injuries, but you can really see the difference now, he's looked so intense and he's champing at the bit.
The gaffer feels Rowly can be dangerous on either wing and seeing him on the left brought back memories of our promotion season, when I was on the opposite wing - and hopefully it won't be long before that's the case again.
I was sitting in the stand on Tuesday and felt as frustrated as anyone watching us go out of the Carling Cup.
I really empathise with the fans and I was gutted for all the lads who came into the side against Leyton Orient, trying to show the gaffer what they could do.
But credit to Orient - they ran and chased everything and deserved the win. I hope they go on to do well in the competition - and, more importantly, that it proves to be just a minor blip for us.
The game against Cardiff is our chance to show that and I'm sure we'll see a postitive reaction from the lads.
I think Cardiff have to be one of the favourites this season - they've signed a few big names and it'll suit us to be underdogs on Saturday.
Having said that, we did the double against them last year and I'm sure that'll still be in Dave Jones' mind.
One of those big names is Trevor Sinclair, who's a bit of a legend at QPR, and he won't want to come back and lose in front of his old crowd.
I remember playing against Trevor years ago when I was at Blackburn and he was at Blackpool. I've got massive respect for him, but it'd be good to spoil his homecoming on Saturday. Kilburn Times

Blog Archive