QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Axed QPR Coach Joe Gallen Speaking Further

-
Exter Express Echo - JOE HAILS PROFESSIONAL APPROACH HE HAS FOUND WITH THE GRECIANS
Joe Gallen reckons it will be some time before he can be officially named as Exeter City's assistant manager.The 34-year-old is still waiting to thrash out the terms of his departure from Championship club QPR.
Gallen parted company with The Hoops during the summer after manager John Gregory ordered an overhaul of all levels of staff.
Only last week Formula One magnates Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone unveiled details of a £14m offer for the club - understood to be in debt to the tune of £13m - but Gallen believes his situation is some way off being resolved.
"I am in a queue of people and I really don't know when it will be resolved," he told Echo Sport. "There are number of staff there, from coaching staff to people behind the scenes in marketing and commercial who have been basically wrongfully dismissed.
"I am in that queue but I don't know when my situation will be sorted. It would have been frustrating if I didn't have anything to do. But between trying to find a place to live and all the games at Exeter City I have not had too much time to be frustrated.
"I am not in control of the situation so I can't do a lot about it."
Initially Gallen arrive at St James's Park on a trial basis because he is still under contract at Loftus Road.
But it seems only a matter of time before he is officially named as Paul Buckle's successor at St James's Park.
He added: "I am doing everything that needs to be done. It is not official yet but it may be official in time."
Gallen has enjoyed his time at Exeter so far, combining training sessions with taking the reserves and even doing some scouting work for the club.
He was at Broadhall Way on Monday night to see Stevenage go top of the Blue Square Premier following a 3-0 win over struggling Stafford Rangers.
"I am bit of a game watcher anyway so the last few years I have been watching everything from the Championship all the way down. I have seen quite a lot of League One and Two and I don't see League Two from the league we are playing in. I have really enjoyed the job here. There are a lot of games, which is the fun part of the job because you never know what is going to happen in games.
"I think we have made a solid start to the season but maybe we have been drawing a couple of games we believe we have edged. But this is a decent club with a nice ground, decent crowd with the potential to do well. There is scope for improvement. The team is developing and they can only get better. A bit of patience and we can get there in the end."
Gallen has drawn favourable parallels between former club QPR and the way Exeter City operates. He added: "The clubs are exactly the same in the way they travel to games, do their warm-ups and the preparation for games. The approach here is extremely professional.
"I am not just saying that - it is the truth. If anything, Exeter might be slightly better. This club does things in the right way and I think it should be given a lot of credit for that."
." Exeter Express and Echo

Blog Archive