QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nick Ward On Not Playing and Maybe Leaving QPR

-
FourFourTwo-Australia - Ward: My Battle For A Game - Richie Young
"Former A-League star Nick Ward has revealed he faces an uphill battle at Queens Park Rangers and may be forced to leave the club in January.
The highly-talented attacking midfielder joined the club on a two-year deal following the first Hyundai A-League season.
The Perth Glory pin-up Ward lit up the league in that season, subsequently winning the “Rising Star” award which is given to the most outstanding U-20 player.
But since former manager Gary Waddock left QPR, the 22-year-old has struggled to make the starting side and was briefly loaned out to Brighton and Hove Albion.
While keen to fight for a place at the London club, Ward may be forced to look elsewhere in his bid to secure first-team football.
The last year was a tough one for me,” he told au.fourfourtwo.com.
“The manager that signed me got the sack and it was a bit of a shock to the system. A new manager came in and didn’t really speak to me a lot and sort of pushed me aside.
“I was never really out of the squad, I was always on the bench but it was a bit of a shock for me because I wasn’t used to that
."
He added: "This year I got my head right again and I knuckled down and got fit and I’ve been performing really well in the pre-season games.
“I played one of the Cup games but it’s just a battle. If you’re not one of the manager’s signings it’s an uphill battle but I’ll just keep going and if it means I have to move in January then maybe I’ll mov
e.”
Ward was a top performer for Australia’s U-23s in their recent Olympic qualifying match against Lebanon, scoring a fantastic volleyed-goal.
But while admitting he misses the A-League, Ward remains keen to pursue his career in Europe rather than return to Australia-. FourFourTwo-Australia

Blog Archive