QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, October 29, 2007

Plymouth's Buzsaky Set to Join QPR?

-
Various QPR messageboards are saying the deal for Plymouth's Hungarian midfielder, Akos Buzsaky is done and the announcement is set to be made that he'll be joining QPR, initially on loan. Previous press stories have mentioned that Buzsaky is unsettled and given Ian Holloway perspective. The story below actually mentions QPR as the club to where he'd go. [For what it's worth, Plymouth themselves a couple of days ago, signed Jermaine Easter from Wycombe.] See also: Profile of Buzasky from Wikipedia - Buzsaky Profile

Plymouth Herald - 29/10/2007 - Akos considers his future at Argyle
Plymouth Argyle midfielder Akos Buzsaky has spent the weekend weighing up his future.
The Hungarian international was dropped from the Pilgrims' squad for their 2-0 defeat at Preston North End on Saturday after talks over a new contract stalled.
Buzsaky has been offered a deal until June 2010 which would make him one of the top paid players at Home Park.
But Argyle manager Ian Holloway has confirmed that another club want to sign Buzsaky, who will be out of contract next summer and could then leave on a Bosman transfer.
There is strong speculation that Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers could be chasing the 25-year-old.
Should Buzsaky not accept Argyle's final 'take it or leave it' offer, the Pilgrims will almost certainly loan him out with a view to a permanent move when the transfer window reopens at the start of January.
That way they will receive a fee for Buzsaky, who cost them £270,000 when he signed for Argyle in 2005, rather than lose him for nothing.
QPR are thought to be keen on capturing Buzsaky after his impressive performance against them when the Pilgrims won 2-0 at Loftus Road in September.
Holloway said: "We have made Akos a very good offer for us.

"But another club have come in and made a very generous offer for someone who will be out-of-contract, so he's considering his future."
When asked whether QPR were the club interested in Buzsaky, Holloway was non-committal.
He said: "You can speculate on whoever you want. It could be Real Madrid. It's irrelevant. I'm trying to build something here and we are sort of waiting and seeing really."

Buzsaky did not travel with the Argyle squad when they flew from Plymouth to Manchester on Friday afternoon.
Holloway said: "I have given him the weekend to contemplate what he wants to do. I have had a long chat with the player and I feel I have been as generous as I can.
"I have tried to convince him that I want him to stay, whether he's in the team or not, because I'm trying to build a squad.
"He's talking to me about some issues that he might have, and how long he has been here, and he's going to think about it over the weekend.
"It's a big decision for any footballer, and I told him he couldn't make his mind up unless he met the other people.
"I want people who want to be with me and who want to play for me and my club because that's where your heart is.
"I saw (former Chelsea manager) Jose Mourinho on the TV the other night. It was a great programme.
"He talked about being in love with wherever you are. It was fantastic. That's what it's all about. You have got to believe."
Should Buzsaky leave the Pilgrims, he could be followed by some others out the exit door at Home Park.
Holloway said: "I have been here (at Argyle) for 16 months and I have been delighted with my lads so far. I think they have come on in leaps and bounds.
"But I'm likely to lose one or two of them - possibly - through situations which aren't my fault, or my directors' fault.
"Other people are now looking enviously at Plymouth Argyle, and the more we play like we did against Charlton last week (when Argyle won 2-1) the more people will say, 'Hang on, they have got some good players'.
"Other people will be trying to nick them, but they will have to come through me first.
"If a player doesn't want to stay with me then he can go with my blessing because I'm all about commitment. Any relationship has to start and finish there."
Holloway indicated a decision about Buzsaky's future would be made in the next couple of days.
He added: "I told you a few weeks ago, I'm going to have one of those seasons.
"This will be the biggest test I have ever had as a manager, but I'm going to have one of those seasons. Herald

See also Plymouth Official Site "Akos Update"]

Blog Archive