QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, November 30, 2007

Ex-QPR Snippets: Bond on Shimmin...Nikki Bull's Milestone...Adam Miller Explains

-
Bournemouth Official Site - Bond Hopeful Of Shimmin Impact - QPR loanee set for debut
Loan signing Dominic Shimmin is set to make his AFC Bournemouth debut against Millwall in the FA Cup on Saturday. Alex Pearce is not allowed to play for Cherries in the competition while Scott Golbourne is struggling to shake off an ankle problem.
The QPR defender was signed on the eve of the emergency loan deadline last week after which no transfer activity is permitted until January.
Boss Kevin Bond believes the latest acquisition has the potential to provide a strong impact on the south coast.
Bond said, "Dominic has trained with us this week and will figure in some shape or form on Saturday. He's settled in well and can't wait to get going.
"He was highly thought of as a youngster at Arsenal and has been treading water for a couple of years for whatever reason. All he's interested in is getting his boots on and getting some games in. We're here to give him that opportunity.
"If he gets himself right and plays to his potential he could become a really decent player for us." Bournemouth

Aldershot Official Site: - Nikki Bull's 250th Game for Aldershot
Goalkeeper Nikki Bull is in line for his 250th competitive appearance for the club on Sunday in the Blue Square Premier division encounter at Salisbury City....For the record 26 year old Nikki made his debut in a Ryman League match at Hitchin Town in August 2002 in a 3-1 success at Top Field where he was one of nine debutants that day. The starting line was: Bull, Hooper (Carroll), Chewins (Nutter), Sterling, Cousins, A Charles, Roddis, L Charles, Moody (Taylor), Holsgrove, Parker. Only Jason Chewins (489) and Mark Butler (303) have made more appearances for the club. Aldershot

Miller’s time is up at Broadhall Way
Stevenage Boro's influential midfielder Adam Miller has defended his decision to walk away from Broadhall Way.
The 25-year-old and clubmate John Nutter have linked up with former boss Mark Stimson at League One Gillingham.
The pair have moved on loan with a £65,000 fee agreed when the transfer window reopens in January.
Miller, who previously had a spell at QPR, said: "Every footballer wants to play in the League and I'm no different.
"I had a taste of it before and want more now.
"I'm just trying to further my career; it's my livelihood after all.
"I've had some lovely messages from a couple of Boro fans who have wished me well. Others are different and I think that's pathetic - who, honestly, wouldn't take a promotion at their place of work?"
Miller and left-back Nutter, who is 25 as well, have been reunited with their mentor Stimson.
"Mark was offered a chance to jump two leagues and that was well deserved in my book.
"And myself and John are best mates and we've both given our best for the club while we've been here.
"Football is unpredictable and you never know when your chance will come again."
And Miller continued about his own move: "It's surprising how quickly it all happened.
"I first knew about the bid from Sky Sports and then my agent told me some more.
"The chairman (Phil Wallace) and Peter Taylor were good enough to accept the offer as they felt the money was right."
Miller won The Comet's player of the month award for August and September following some outstanding displays and his departure is a big loss to Boro.
He added: "I thoroughly enjoyed my two years at Boro.
"I felt I played some of my best football there so far.
"I really hope Boro do well this season - it's been a tough month for the club.
"There are a lot of great people who work there."
Midfield partner Stuart Lewis has also been strongly linked to a move down to the Kent club with Stimson a known admirer.
But Miller gave some crumbs of comfort to the Boro fans by adding:?"Whatever happens, Stuart will be giving 110 per cent in training and in games for Boro; that's his mentality and the way he plays..." . The Comet

Guardian Q&A with Mark Bosnich
"...Of course, you only dabble in punditry, your main focus is on getting back to playing, right? Word is you're training with QPR ...
I am training with QPR, that's true. I'm working my way back to full fitness and they've been generous enough to let me train with them and use their facilities. I'm very grateful to everyone at the club, they've really been great..." Bosnich Q&A

Blog Archive