QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ex-QPR Snippets.

-
Marking Thirteen Years - November 15, 1994 - since QPR announced that Ray Wilkins had been apppointed the new (player) manager of Queens Park Rangers to replace Gerry Francis. A few days earlier, Francis had resigned from QPR and gone to manage Spurs. Wilkins managed (and played for) QPR for about 21 months.

Dean Parrett - Playing for Spurs Reserves in Training ground game against Ipswich - "...Our reserve team was inches away from victory in a competitive training ground friendly against Ipswich Town on Tuesday. Young midfielder Dean Parrett burst through onto Joe Martin's pass with two minutes left and the scoreline at 1-1, managed to lift the ball over keeper Shane Supple only to see it come back off the crossbar....Parrett almost capped an impressive second half display with that late winner but a draw was about right. Report and Photo

Tommy Doherty - technically onloan to Wycombe, but set for a permanent move - played his first game for Wycombe since his move as he recovers...(Wycombe won 2-0 and Doherty playerd 75 minutes - Match Report

Q&A with Wycombe's Former QPR Loanee, Tommy Williams (of Playoff Final fame) - Q&A

Paul Parker's Perspective on England Not Qualifying and the problems with English Football - Parker oped

Macclesfield Town: Richard Edghill Recovering
Macclesfield Official Site - The recent victory over Brentford came at a price, the Silkmen losing the services of Richard Edghill for upwards of six weeks with two cracked ribs. We spoke to the defender earlier today.....
Hoping to be back soon
"It's been a really frustrating time as since the injury happened I have been stuck at home unable to do even the simple things like lifting up my youngest. It's amazing how something so innocuous can have such an impact on your day to day life. At the time, whilst it hurt, my initial thoughts were that I would be able to run it off."
"But as I lay on the ground all I could feel was this sharp pain around at the back. The whole area felt numb otherwise. It was a weird and very painful sensation. Lakey knew straight away that it was more serious and said he could feel the ribs and that my game was over for the night."
"Since then it's just been a case of staying at home and resting as much as I can. I've had a few long lay-offs in the past when I did my cruciate and more recently last year when I broke my leg. But hopefully I will be back inside of the original forecast of six weeks..."
"The lads have been keeping me up to date with events and clearly last Saturday was a big disappointment. We really felt we could do well in the competition and in doing so generate some much needed revenue for the club. But for some reason it didn't happen on the day."
." Macclesfield

Blog Archive