QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, November 16, 2007

QPR's Latest Signing: Derby's Defender/Midfielder Bob Malcolm

-
QPR sign Derby's 27 year old Scottish Defender/midfielder (Derby describe him as a midfielder), Bob Malcom, on loan till January 1. See Bob Malcolm Stats and Bob Malcolm/Wikipedia

QPR Official Site DEFENDER JOINS
Queens Park Rangers Football Club are delighted to announce the loan signing of Derby County utility man Bob Malcolm.
Malcolm, who joined The Rams in September 2006 on a Free Transfer from Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers, will remain with the R's up to and including 1st January 2008.
Equally adept in defence or midfield, the 27 year-old told www.qpr.co.uk : "QPR is a massive Club and when I heard there was an opportunity for me to come here, I had no hesitation in making the move.
"It's a great opportunity for me to get some first team football and I hope I can come in and do my bit to help push the Club away from the wrong end of the table.
"I've seen a few of QPR's matches on Sky this season and I've been impressed. Now I'm looking forward to getting started here."
The Scot links up with former Pride Park team-mates Adam Bolder and Lee Camp, and he added: "I spoke with both of them about the switch, and the pair were very complimentary about QPR. They said it is a great Club to be at.
"It's always nice to know a couple of players when you move, and I'm sure they'll help me to settle in."
Malcolm, who came through the ranks at Ibrox, played Championship football with The Rams last season, so he knows what to expect. "It's a very different style of football to the SPL," he added.
"In the Championship a lot of teams tend to have big strikers up front, and work off them. I'm looking forward to the challenge, and hopefully I can do a good job here."
R's First Team Coach Luigi De Canio was delighted with the arrival of Malcolm, commenting: "I am very happy to have brought Bob in.
"I have heard a lot of positive things about him. After losing Michael Cranie to injury, Bob's arrival will really help us.
"He has the ability and enthusiasm to be a success."
Malcolm will wear shirt No.25. QPR

DERBY OFFICIAL SITE - BOB HEADS FOR QPR
Midfielder Bob Malcolm has joined Championship side QPR on loan until the end of the year.
The ex-Rangers player, who turned 27 earlier this week, was signed by Billy Davies just over a year ago, but has made only one appearance this season, in the heavy defeat at Liverpool on September 1.
An ankle injury interrupted his progress with the Rams in their promotion-winning campaign. Derby

Blog Archive