QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Update re Dominic Shimmin, Tommy Doherty, Tommy Williams and Adam Miller

-
Shimmin's chance to shine - By Neil Perrett/Daily Echo/Dorset Echo -
BOSS Kevin Bond is hoping new Cherries loan signing Dominic Shimmin will start to realise his potential during his stay at Dean Court.
The 20-year-old QPR defender will link up with Bond's squad at the start of next week after joining Cherries initially until January.
Shimmin, who progressed through the ranks at Arsenal, has been restricted to a handful of appearances for QPR due to a series of minor injuries.
Bond told the Daily Echo: "He's got a great deal of promise and, as of yet, hasn't fulfilled it so we're going to give him the opportunity to try to do that. He's certainly got a bit of pedigree having started his career at Arsenal before QPR paid money for him.
"He probably hasn't done as well as he would have liked and some of that maybe down to him and some down to the stop-start situation he's had with injury.
"We are going to have a look at him and he is going to have a look at us before both parties reassess the situation in January." Daily Echo/Dorset Echo

re Tommy Doherty This is Local London
" [Wycombe] WANDERERS will train at Aston Villa today as they prepare for tomorrow's League Two clash against promotion rivals Darlington....The match has also come two weeks too early for last year's Player of the Year Tommy Doherty. He sparkled again for the reserves on Tuesday but Lambert will resist the temptation to bring him back too soon after four months on the treatement table with appendix and calf problems...
This is Local London

Wycombe Official Site -WILLIAMS STAYING PUT
By Alan Parry Wanderers today confirmed that they have rejected an approach from League Two rivals Peterborough United to sign Tom Williams.
Blues boss Paul Lambert told wwfc.com: "Peterborough asked us if they could take Tom, initially on loan, but we said no. He remains a Wycombe player and will be training with the rest of the squad tomorrow. He will be considered for selection for our game at Darlington on Saturday."
Peterborough's official web site published a story saying that Williams was due to sign for the Posh, where he has had two spells earlier in his career. The story said that the deal fell through because Wycombe "insisted on certain stipulations that were not acceptable to (manager) Darren Ferguson."
Said Lambert: "We weren't interested in the deal proposed by Peterborough and that's the end of the matter." Wycombe

Ex-QPR, Adam Miller, now at Gillingham:


Gillingham Official Site - ADAM MILLER

Midfielder Adam Miller also joins from Stevenage on a loan with a view to a permanent deal and explains that he is looking forward to being back in the Football League: "Mark Stimson spoke to Peter Taylor on Monday. Peter Taylor pulled me in and had a chat with me. The bid officially went in on Wednesday and things progressed from there. Things were sorted on Thursday after lots of phone calls. Luckily enough, it went through in the nick of time.

"The standard doesn't really faze me if I am honest. I played for Queens Park Rangers in the Championship before I joined Stevenage. The technical side of things will be better and you'll be punished quicker at critical times in the game. The quality and end product is a major factor but as fitness goes, the Conference is a fit league with a lot of young lads trying to prove people wrong as they look to get into the Football League.

"I am a midfielder that looks to get on the ball at every opportunity. I try to make things happen and create things for the team. When I get the ball, if I am faced up to the defence, I try to slip people in and create things. I'll also try to chip in with the odd goal here and there. That is always nice."

"Just don't call me a gyppo like everyone else does! I love it when fans back me and I cannot wait to get going. I get a good vibe off the fans and I get more from my game; I love it."

With several new faces joining the club at once, Miller believes this may help the players settle quickly: "I'd say it will help me. Everyone in non-league knows each other really well. The players that I am mixing with now from the non-league, they are known players and we get on well. It is a massive help. We've had our first day of training and as soon as I walked in the dressing room, I was in there with lads that I know. It makes things comfortable and it doesn't feel like I'm making a step up. It's more of a feeling that I am still at that level off the pitch. Being comfortable is important so I can settle down quickly and get on with enjoying my football.
"Training went really well and it was a good laugh. The lads already here have been welcoming and they seem like a good bunch. The training methods are pretty similar to what I have become used to after Mark Stimson's time at Stevenage. It is the comfort factor of knowing the boys, knowing the coaching staff and their system and most importantly knowing what the managers wants from me. It is nice knowing what he wants and what I can give him."

With 30 games still remaining, Miller admits that the side need to focus on keeping Priestfield a fortress whilst trying to pick up points on the road to climb the table: "First and foremost, we need to get an amazing club out of the position where we are right now. In my mind, it is a false position. We shouldn't be where we are. My initial goal is to get some results together to push us up the league as soon as possible. We can then see where we are and take it from there. There are about 30 games left and at any level of football, if you put a run together, who knows where it will take you? I've seen Crewe play and they've shot up the table and I can see no reason why with Mark Stimson, the players that he has brought in and the concepts he believes in, I can't see why we cannot go on a ten game run of wins and draws. That'll push us up the table.

"At home, you want a good base and make it your fortress; that is great. Away from home, you need to pick up points. We got a 1-1 draw at Swansea, that is an amazing result down there. You need to come away from away games with a point as a minimum. I don't think it will get to the seasoned pros here as they've seen these things, the difficult times, and they've had to deal with the ups and downs at other times in their careers. With the confidence our players have got, it is not a massive hole to get out of. As long as we do it the right way in training on Monday to Friday, take that into the game on a Saturday and we can get out of the negative position we are in right now..." Gillingham

Blog Archive