QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gareth Ainsworth on QPR's Situation

-
Gareth Ainsworth/Kilburn Times - Step on the Gaz
WHEN I first joined QPR, we made Loftus Road into a fortress - and we really need to get back to the goals and razzmatazz of those days.
I hate the cliché 'six-pointer' - you never get more than three points for one match, do you? - but there's no denying that Colchester is a massive game for us.
Colchester have been dropping down the table and I feel they're one of the teams we need to be below us. But it's the kind of game we've tended to struggle with at home this season.
I was a bit gutted we only got a point at home to Wolves. We certainly had the better possession, even if a lot of our chances were longer-range efforts.
As for Wolves, I can't remember them having more than one real chance and they should have scored, but it would have been an injustice if they had done.
Now we've got four matches in 10 days and, as I've said before, this will be where the squad comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if you see 16 or 17 players used in these next four games.
After the Colchester game, we'll have a couple of days' break and, while most people are spending Christmas Day with their families, we'll be setting off for Plymouth.
It amazes me that the fixture computer hasn't given Plymouth a game against Bristol City on Boxing Day but, believe it or not, we're probably one of the nearest teams for them to face after that.
It's a long way, but I'm sure we'll have a few fans down at Home Park and I'd just like to thank them for the way they've got behind the team all year.
If football's deep in your heart, the new year actually begins around July or August. January's the halfway point and we haven't really produced as much as we want to in the first half of this year.
After I finish writing this, I'm off to the club's Christmas party up in town.
It's fancy dress and I'm going as Wolverine from the X-Men, Marc Nygaard's going to be Captain America, and the whole squad are going as superheroes.
That's exactly what we need to be over the coming months to make sure we climb the table rather than fighting another relegation battle in 2008.
Have a great Christmas and a happy new year! Kilburn Times

Blog Archive