QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, January 18, 2008

Marcus Bignot Speaks About QPR and Millwall....Dagenham Snippet re Baidoo

-
South London Press/Ton Porter- Marc me in
MARCUS Bignot would like Millwall to be the club where he passes 500 games as a professional.
Because he thinks this is a club that's going places and he wants to be part of it.
The former QPR star signed a deal on Tuesday which will keep him at The Den for 18 months.
"That will take me just short of my 36th birthday and I hope I can get to 500 games by then," said the 33-year-old.
"I want to see Millwall in the Championship at least by then. I do not want us to spend too much more time in this division - and I hope I can be an asset getting out of it.
"It is a big relief to have signed. This is a new chapter in my career and I can't wait.
"I would have liked to have played at Port Vale - I don't like missing games.But it wasn't to be."
Bignot must have been frustrated at the delay in his signing which kept him out of two Millwall games,but he's under-standing about it.
"They are very busy getting players at QPR and there has been a huge change in personnel,"he said.
"In the end, though, when it happened, it did go through quickly. Signings never happen overnight.

"The new chairman came in just as I went on loan to Millwall.
"I understood I was not top of their list of priorities. And I realised it was unlikely Rangers would want to renew my contract. So it was a relief to be playing at The Den and knowing Millwall were interested.
"I am just grateful to the chairman and the Rangers staff for allowing the deal to go through."

Bignot, Kenny Jackett's first signing on arriving at The Den, was especially keen to be part of the new Millwall which the manager and the chairman are forging.
"Chairman John Berylson has a lot of vision,"said Bignot. "With the board and the directors backing him, the staff and the players on the pitch, with the investment and vision they have, Millwall can move onwards and upwards.
"John is a very humble man. The things he wants to do can only be good for the club.
"Everything he's planning will improve the community feel of the club and bring back the supporters.
"That community feel, the ideas he has for bringing more kids back through the turn-stiles,mean it is a good time to be part of this club.
"With the Olympics coming in 2012, the ideas he has for developing the area can only help."
Bignot is aiming to go into coaching once he hangs up his boots."But there is still a lot of football in my legs," he said. "My leadership has always been a part of my game.
"One of the highlights at QPR was taking over the captaincy last year.
"We were in a similar position, near the bottom of the table.
"I have always been that sort of person, trying to set an example to the other players and I love playing so much, my enthusiasm seems to rub off on people."
It's rubbing off on the fans, too."I have been lucky at all my clubs," said Bignot. "The fans have always taken to me. I have never had any stick and have usually had a good reception. I hope it will be the same at Millwall
."
The most important thing now, though, is pulling away from the relegation zone to guarantee next season in League One.
"It needs everyone to be in it together," said the right-back.
"If the supporters are on board, The Den can be a fortress where teams fear to come." South London PRess


Dagenham Official Site Manager, John Still -
"...The other two to join us are permanent deals. Shabazz Baidoo is a young player I’ve seen a few times for Queens Park Rangers. A quick exciting player and with the transition going on at Loftus Road at the moment it was obvious it wasn’t going to be the place for him and we moved as quick as possible to conclude this deal..." Dagenham

Blog Archive