QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snippet re Di Vaio...Injury Update...Kanyuka on Leaving QPR and Swindon Hopes...

-
Mirror - Marco Di Vaio 22/01/2008
"+ Former Italy striker Marco Di Vaio, who has played for Juventus, Lazio and Valencia, is a transfer target for wealthy QPR + " Mirror

Injury Update: Stewart injury not serious; Mahon was sick; Bolder had a "family commitment." QPR Official Site - TALKING WOUNDED While the rest of the R's First Team squad enjoyed a rare day off today (Monday), Damion Stewart was at the R's Harlington Training Complex receiving treatment on the pelvis injury he sustained on Saturday afternoon.
The Jamaican international took a heavy blow to his pelvis in the closing stages against Barnsley and left the field on a stretcher, much to the worry of the Rangers faithful.
But Luigi De Canio was less than worried at the final whistle and - with his tongue firmly in his cheek - told www.qpr.co.uk: "He was just playing up to the crowd.
"It's nothing serious - he just wanted the applause from the public!"
R's physio Paul Hunter confirmed that Stewart had indeed sustained a knock, but he isn't unduly worried about the injury.
"Damo sustained a heavy blow to his pelvis after a challenge in the six-yard box," he said.
"He was initially very sore and in quite a lot of pain, but he has been in for treatment today (Monday) and is responding very well."
Meanwhile, Gavin Mahon missed Saturday's clash against the Tykes due to illness, while Club Captain Adam Bolder was unavailable due to family commitments. QPR

Swindon Official Site KANYUKA EXCITED BY TOWN CHALLENGE
Swindon Town's latest capture Patrick Kanyuka is looking forward to the challenge of battling for a place in the Robins' squad after joining The County Ground ranks for the remainder of the campaign.
The 20-year old Congolese defender also has international ambitions, although his initial target is to make the most of what he describes an excellent opportunity here in Wiltshire.
"I didn't want to stay at QPR and just sit in the reserves so coming to Swindon permanently was a great opportunity for me," he explained.
"I know a few of the lads here. Pooky is someone I know quite well having played against him regularly ay youth level. I played with Moses at Millwall too, which is where I started my career before joining Leyton Orient.
"The aim is to push up League One. Moses, Anthony and myself have all arrived at around the same time and hopefully we can make a difference."
Kanyuka knows he faces a tough test to force his way into the Swindon starting line-up, but it is a challenge he is relishing.
"The squad is strong here, but I am really looking forward to the challenge of getting into the side.
"People have described me as an old fashioned centre-half. I'll win my headers and don't like to get caught in possession, I'll win the ball then let someone else do the rest." Swindon

Swindon Advertiser/Andy Cryer - Pat turns back on QPR billions
LOFTUS Road may have just become the newest fashionable place in the world of football but as far as Town's latest recruit is concerned money is not everything.'
Bernie Ecclestone, pictured right, and Flavio Briatore's billions have turned the Championship outfit into one of football's rich boys but it was not enough to stop Pat Kanyuka starting a new chapter at the County Ground.
The 20-year-old Congolese defender has signed in Wiltshire until the end of the season and, despite insisting he could have stayed with the R's, is relishing a fresh adventure.
He has already received several international call-ups to represent Congo but, due to injuries and postponements, he is is yet to take to the field for his home nation - something he hopes his move to Swindon will change.
He said: "I could have been one of those players who stay around and become a bit of a background player at QPR, picking up a lot of money, but I like to play.
"Swindon meet my expectations and I want to be a part of it. Gaining match experience is a big plus and hopefully I will do that with Swindon.
"Unfortunately I would have played in the African Nations but we did not qualify. They came very close to qualifying, they needed a point in the last game but unfortunately they lost.
"One day I will play for them and hopefully that will be helped with regular football at Swindon."
Standing at 6ft 3ins tall, Kanyuka has earned a good reputation among those in the know in football although a knee injury has disrupted his early years.
He started at Millwall before going to Leyton Orient on trial aged 16 and eventually moving to Loftus Road on a scholarship.
He said: "I made my debut at 17 at Burnley and carried on from there. Ian Holloway gave me my first break.
"I enjoyed playing under John Gregory last season although it was a harsh lesson. It was the relegation battle so I think I got a lot of experience from that.
"I have had bad times with injury but hopefully I can put that behind me and start a new chapter at Swindon injury free.
Last season I was getting no game time at QPR and there was interest in a loan move at Swindon. While this season with all the things that happened at QPR I felt it would be a good opportunity for me and the club to come and join Swindon."
Kanyuka is not available for tonight's trip to Barnet but is eligible for the weekend's game, either against Crewe or a fourth round FA Cup clash against either Bristol Rovers or Premiership side Fulham.
"Saturday was a very entertaining match and very exciting to watch," he said. "I am really up to the challenge because I think it is going to be hard to get into the squad.
"I get on with my job, like any centre back does. I try to win headers and give it to the players who can play.
"I like to forget about my injuries. Signing for Swindon is such a sweet thing and I would like to think of it as a blessing and forget about the injuries.
"If I am selected but the team is on a good run, it would be hard to get in the squad." Swindon Advertiser


Also Photos of Pat Kanyuka

Blog Archive