QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ex-QPR: Barnet's Furlong Bid Rejected... Stefan Moore on His Time at QPR and Looking to Make Good

-
Updated: Noon!

Barnet Official Site - LUTON TOWN KNOCK BACK APPROACH FOR STRIKER FURLONG
Luton Town have said 'No' to 39-year-old striker Paul Furlong joining Barnet ... and the search goes on for a newcomer to boost the Bees' goals - for tally.
The Division 1 club turned down the approach from Barnet FC for man-of-many clubs Furlong, who started his career at Enfield and has played at the top level and been a consistent scorer with Coventry City, Watford, Chelsea, Birmingham City, QPR, Sheffield United and current club Luton.
Chairman Tony Kleanthous contacted the Hatters last week as Barnet upped their search for a 20-goal a season type player. He was told that Town would give their answer this week about the former Premiership striker, who was in their first team at the weekend.
When he phoned back yesterday, he was told that Luton, who are in administration pending a consortium takeover, won't let the player go.
It was felt that Furlong, 171 goals in 418 games, would have been an ideal candidate to join and improve Barnet's young squad.
Tuesday night's Signy Says programme column ended speculation about another golden oldie - "It's not Teddy Sheringham", I reported.
The search continues in other directions.
Dennis Signy - Barnet

Express and Star - Moore seeking a career revival
Stefan Moore continues the relaunch of his career with a home debut for Walsall on Saturday ad mitting: “I’ve under-achieved so far.”
The 24-year-old one-time Villa prodigy will make his Saddlers bow against Northampton desperate to make up for lost time.
The Birmingham-born striker was tipped for big things when he made his Villa debut as an 18-year-old but now finds his career at the cross roads.
“There is no doubt I’ve under-achieved so far and I need to start doing more,” says Moore.
It’s been difficult for me because I don’t think I’ve ever really had a run of games to establish myself either at Villa or QPR.
“I don’t think people realise how many of those games I have played out wide which is different to the role I was brought up on as an out and out forward
.
“That’s where I’ve come here to play. That’s why this is such an exciting chance for me. The team is going great guns at the moment and I just want to play my part.”
Moore could not have hoped for a better start after his match winner at Luton last week which came after he had agreed a deal with the Saddlers to stay until the end of the season.
His future will be reviewed then but boss Richard Money is hoping he has scored another coup in the loan market.
Money said: “He is at a crossroads in his career and we will give him a chance.” Express and Star

Blog Archive