QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Supposed QPR Interest in Wolves' Phillips and Eastwood...Meanwhile Ex-QPR Paul Murray Gets a New Club

-
For what it's worth....

Wolves Express and Star -Black country duo on QPR list
Black Country strikers Kevin Phillips and Freddy Eastwood are on the target-list of the Championship’s new money-bags club QPR.
Albion promotion hero Phillips has been offered to the fast-changing Loftus Road club if they will meet his agent’s demands for a two-year £20,000 a week deal.
At the same time, new QPR head coach Ian Dowie is considering a move for Eastwood, the £1.5m Wolves striker transfer-listed after his season of frustration at Molineux. Wolves Express and Star


Ex-QPR Paul Murray Signs for Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury Official Site - Paul Murray

Paul Murray's move to Town was confirmed this afternoon and see's the experienced central midfield player joining on a two year deal.

Murray has played over 300 games in a career that has seen him play for the likes of QPR, Southampton, Oldham, Carlisle and Gretna as well as picking up a couple of England caps along the way.

The 31 year old knows Paul Simpson from their time together at Carlisle and that connection helped to bring about the move: "I've known the gaffer since when I was at Carlisle and he's seen me training, seen me play and we have a good relationship.

"I got a phone call from him asking if I'd be interested in coming to the club and that was it."

Paul was asked to describe what type of player he is and what he thinks he can add to the Town side: "I'm a central midfielder and in my younger days I was much more of an up and down player, now I like to mix it up a bit more, have a lot of energy and like to get stuck in.

"The gaffer's brought me in to add that bit of experience to the side which is quite a young one.

"There are a lot young lads here with good ability and hopefully I can add that bit of knowledge and experience as I've been around a bit.

"It's a new challenge for me and one that I'm really looking forward too."

Paul has played against Town during his spells at other clubs but doesn't' really know much about this side. He's seen the stadium and heard the ambitions of the chairman and the manager and believes that success could be on the cards for next season: "I didn't know that much about Shrewsbury to be honest other than playing a few times at the old stadium by the river.

"I came down to see the gaffer about a month ago and saw that the stadium is fantastic. I spoke to the chairman and can see the club is set-up for big things and hopefully get promotion.

"Promotion is the key, there are four teams who go up and I would think we will be there or there abouts."

Last season saw Paul playing in the Scottish Premier League for Gretna. It was a great move to make that step up but as the season went on Gretna's problems off the field began to affect the players. The clubs move towards bankruptcy meant hard times for the players but it's something that he feels has made him tougher: "It was tough but it has stood me in good stead, not getting paid and what was going on meant it was mentally tough.

"I worked hard all season despite those problems and I feel that I did well and think I've deserved this move.

"Quite a lot of players moved on but we were getting paid in the end and I think they should have a buyer very soon."

The new challenge is now one with Shrewsbury Town and helping the club to match the ambitions of everyone: "I'm really looking forward to this challenge and am raring to go when we return for pre-season.

"I'm 31 years of age but still have got a lot of life in me and a lot to offer so we will see how it goes next season.

"The key things for me are to carry on playing and to get promotion with the club."
Shrewsbury

Blog Archive