QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Gorkss Not Done...Bolder and Nardiello Blackpool Switch Stall

-
David McIntyre/Ealing Gazette Deal on Bolder and Nardiello Stall

QPR’s bid to end the Kaspars Gorkss fiasco ran into more problems on Tuesday night when a proposed exchange deal involving Adam Bolder and Danny Nardiello stalled.

Blackpool now plan to order Gorkss to return to training with them after the defender was initially left out of their pre-season preparations.

Gorkss, 26, has a clause in his Blackpool contract enabling him to move for £250,000.

But the Seasiders claim QPR agreed personal terms with the player before tabling an official bid and have reported the club to the Football League for an alleged illegal approach.

Rangers still expect to sign the Latvian centre-back and attempted to mend bridges by suggesting Blackpool sign Bolder and Nardiello as part of the deal.

Nardiello is keen to move on after being told he will be fourth-choice striker at Loftus Road this season.

But he has a year of his Rangers contract left to run and has failed to reach a financial settlement with the club, throwing his future and Gorkss’ transfer into doubt.

Midfielder Bolder is in a similar situation. Further talks were taking place on Wednesdaty afternoon in an effort to resolve the situation.

"At the moment I’m a QPR player until I hear any different," said Bolder.

"I’m just going to keep my head down and get fit and see what happens. Whatever happens, it's in both my interests and the club’s for me to be fit.

"The manager Iain Dowie spoke to me and said he had no problem with me staying. You’d like to think that if I work hard and do well I’ll get a place in the team, but this is football and you never know what's around the corner.

"I know there’s a few clubs that are interested in me but at the moment I’m just focused on my training and then playing – whether it’s at QPR or wherever."

The former Rs captain, 27, has been out of the first-team picture a Rangers for some time and ended last season on loan with Sheffield Wednesday.

Nardiello, 25, moved to west London on a Bosman free transfer from Barnsley last summer but was unable to make an impact. Ealing Gazette

Blog Archive