QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, August 22, 2008

Parejo Keeps Speaking - Compares QPR to Chelsea

-
Setanta/Laurent Picard - "We Are New Chelsea"
"Speaking exclusively to setantasports.com, QPR star Daniel Parejo has described The Championship side as a new Chelsea.
The Spanish youngster, tipped to become a top class player in the future, reckons ma ssive foreign investment from co-owners Flavio Briatore and Alejandro Agag makes of QPR genuine favourites to gain promotion.
The midfielder understands the London club is compared to Chelsea, and wishes to emulates The Blues in order to make of Loftus Road a place to be.
“Lots of people are saying this club resemble Chelsea and I believe the situation looks like what happened there,” Parejo told setantasports.com.
“They are one of the best teams in the world and hopefully QPR can be a new Chelsea
.”
The Real Madrid hot-property dreams of making the step to Los Merengues’ first team in the future, but has confessed playing in The Premier League is his second choice.
“Playing for the best team in the world, which is Real Madrid, is every player’s aim, but you never know where you are going to end up,” he added.
“If I can’t make it there I would be delighted to succeed in The Premier League.
“My personal objective is to become a better player, a better person, as it’s an “adventure year” for me. The lads have been great with me, very welcoming as soon as I arrived.
“I love English football, they live it in another way, the fans are great and the stadiums are full even if it’s second division games.
I have an option to stay for another year if the club go up and if Madrid want me stay, but if not I’m going to return to Madrid.” Setanta

See also:

- Setanta/Parejo Interview Part 1 - Parejo: I can be the new Torres"

- Setanta/Laurent Picard - Parejo: Salgado not heading to England

Blog Archive