QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Parejo Aiming High! - "I Can Be The New Torres"

-
Setanta/Laurent Piicard - Parejo: I can be the new Torres

Queens Park Rangers' new signing Daniel Parejo has told setantasports.com in an exclusive interview that he wishes to become The Championship’s Fernando Torres.

The 19-year-old is viewed by Spanish football experts as a future star for Real Madrid, and his one-year loan deal will allow the midfielder grow as a player and as a person.

Parejo is discovering life in another surrounding and reckons the presence of his parents in London was decisive in his decision to move to Loftus Road.

The Spaniard is aiming very high with QPR, and has set his sights on helping his new employers reach the first tier of English football.

They (QPR) first contacted me before the start of the league, I was told this club was interested in me, and then we had a meal and I thought it’s a good opportunity for me to play for this club I consider big,” Parejo told setantasports.com.

It’s important when a foreign club want you to come over, and I’m not here on my own, my parents are here with me and to be honest I wouldn’t have moved if they had stayed at home.

“The truth is that I’m glad to be here because the club showed they really want me here and will help me continue my education.”

The youngster has confirmed QPR co-owner Flavio Briatore and Real Madrid chairman Ramon Calderon have a tight relationship which helped this loan deal happen.

“I believe that Real Madrid’s chairman Calderon was at Flavio’s wedding,” he said. “But that’s all I know. As far as I’m concerned, I came here to play and help the team gain promotion to The Premier League."

Parejo is an ambitious teenager who believes in his new club's project.

“The club’s only objective is to reach The Premier League and that’s the reason why I came, because it’s a tremendous project.

“To me we have a pretty much competitive team. We won the first home game and then won the FA Cup game, and the other day we experienced our first defeat.

“The team have to stick together because and we need to get to know each other. I don’t know whether we are going to sign other players, if we do happy days, but the directors are about that, not me.” Setanta

Blog Archive