QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dowie's Best Young Championship Player...Gavin Mahon's Perspective....Two Derby Defenders Make "Team of the Week"...Ex-QPR Midfielder Team of Week

-
Dowie: Southampton's Adam Lallan Best Young Player in Championship He'd Seen Glen Roeder/Daily Echo -
“NORWICH manager Glenn Roeder is wary of Saints ahead of his side’s trip to St Mary’s – and singled out Adam Lallana as a real dangerman...'One boy in particular, Adam Lallana, is catching the eye and the imagination of most Premier League clubs, I’m told. “Iain Dowie said to me after the QPR game that he was the best young player he’d seen in the Championship by a mile, so we’ve obviously got to be aware of him.” Daily Echo


Not sure that reading this will add to anything!

Eurosport - Championship - 60 seconds with Gavin Mahon
Eurosport-Yahoo grilled Queens Park Rangers' hardman midfielder Gavin Mahon on a series of important issues such as why he hates Finland.

Who is your sporting hero?
I have to say Steven Gerrard. Every player looks up to him. He's just got better and better and he's been so successful.

What's the worst country you've ever visited?
Finland. We went there on a pre-season tour and it was complete daylight at six or seven in the morning. There were people drunk on the park benches and you could see where they'd vomited: when they get the chance all people do there is drink, drink, drink.

What is your favourite film?
The Shawshank Redemption. And the comedy Kingpin, that's a classic.

How big is your television?
42". I want a bigger one, but my front room isn't that big and my wife won't let me.

If you could choose a magical power for a day, what would it be?
I'd be able to click my fingers and go anywhere. I'd just click and instantly be in Milan to buy clothes.

Gordon Brown or David Cameron?
Gordon Brown. I've listened to what people have said and Mr Cameron has not changed that much. I don't bother voting, although my wife does.

Uncle Benns or Mr Kipling?
Uncle Benns. When I was younger I used to eat loads of rice and Uncle Benns chicken.

What is the first record you bought?
It was Michael Jackson, Bad I think.

What car do you drive?
A Range Rover Vogue.

Who is the best player you have ever played with?
When I played with Jermaine Pennant at Watford, you'd give him the ball and he'd do things with it, just go past people.

What is your least favourite away ground?
Rotherham's old ground Millmoor was poor. The pitch was bad and the changing rooms were separated by a thin wall so you could hear the other manager's team talk from next door! Welling United's was bad in non-league, you'd get changed with only plywood between you and you had to share toilets - you'd go before the match and see their centre-half on his way out! Jonathan Symcox / Eurosport



Two Derby County defenders make the Championship Team of the Week...! Jordan Stewart and Martin Albrechtsen - Championship Team of the Week


Meanwhile ex-QPR Marcus Bean, now at Brentford, made the League Two "Team of the Week"


Bean speaking on Brentford site - BEAN NOT RESTING ON LAURELS
Brentford match-winner Marcus Bean said there was still "more to come" after he notched the only goal in The Bees 1-0 victory at Chesterfield.
The central midfielder headed a Glenn Poole corner in via the far post and said he was really happy that he was able to help his team to the win.
"It was a good feeling," said Bean. "I felt we got what we deserved."
Speaking of his goal, Bean added: "I was trying to glance it and aim for the far post.
"The gaffer [Andy Scott] said 60 per cent of goals last weekend were scored from set pieces - it's an important thing.
"I'm enjoying my time here, I'm enjoying playing games.
"I have got my confidence and there is more to come..." Brentford

Blog Archive