QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

QPR & Sheff Wed Price Comparison....Bruno Aguiar on His Future: Re QPR "Nobody has Approached Me Directly"...Vinnie Jones Update

-
-- Comparing What QPR and Sheffield Wednesday are Charging for their 3rd FA Cup Ties: (QPR against Championship team, Burnley. Sheffield Wednesday against Premiership team, Fulham.)

- Historical Revisionism from Wolves re Saturday's QPR Match?

- Visit the QPR Report Messageboard for additional football articles and for posters' perspectives: Feel free to offer your own!

-- Vinnie Jones Update on His Fight/Arrest
-- One Year Ago, Jim Langey Died (RIP): The Eulogies & Memories
-- Nineteen Years Ago, Don Howe's Managerial Home Debut - and Les Ferdinand's First QPR Goals: Against Chelsea!
-- Credit Crunch/High Prices Makes Fan Less Tolerant
--Premier League's Richard Scudmore Faces Parliament
-- FA Set to Investigate Non-League Game Over
"Unusual Betting Patterns"

-- Also: Vital Football/QPR on Dani Parejo


Portugalnet - Bruno Aguiar named Player of the Month in Scotland
Quaresma attributed ‘Golden Bin’ award in Italy
- This past week saw two Portuguese exports receive acknowledgments for their recent performances, but there was a marked difference between the awards handed out to Ricardo Quaresma and Bruno Aguiar.
- While Aguiar of Scottish club Hearts capped his return to full fitness with the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player of the Month award for November, Inter winger Quaresma suffered the humiliation of being handed the dreaded ‘Golden Bin’ accolade in Italy.
- “To win this award is a great joy, especially when I feared that I may never return to play at the highest level,” said Aguiar, whose return to form this season followed 16 months out of the game with a serious knee injury. “It is recognition of my work and effort. I am very happy.
- “It is great news, but this award is for all my team-mates who played well in the games. We win and lose together so it is important to recognise what they achieved in November.”
- England or Spain ambition
“My future? My contract is up in May, then we’ll see what happens. A return to Portugal? I don’t want that, I would prefer England or Spain as they are championships I like. QPR (managed by Paulo Sousa)? Nobody has approached me directly, I only know of that through the papers. I am going to keep giving my best, I love to play football and I’m enjoying it.”

- For Quaresma, the indignity of the infamous Bidone d’Oro - Golden Bin - award, issued by Rai Radio 2 for the biggest let-down of the year, comes after a disappointing start to his career in Italy following a big-money move from Porto during the summer.
- Now officially deemed as Serie A’s biggest letdown, Quaresma was again left out of proceedings at the weekend as Jose Mourinho’s side won 3-0 at Lazio. The Portuguese boss has been openly critical of the 25-year-old winger, who has featured in just eleven of the Nerazurri’s 20 league and Champions League matches. ..." Portugalnet

Blog Archive