QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Next: QPR at Plymouth - As Ex-QPR Simon Walton Comes Good?

-
- Visit the QPR Report Messageboard for additional articles and views. Or offer your own views about any of the subjects below (or anything else)

- Crackdown on Racist Chanting: Two Spurs Fans arrested; Newcastle fan NOT banned over Mito Chanting

- QPR's FA Youth Cup Comeback vs Bristol City

- Video of one of QPR's Greatest Comebacks.

- Video of QPR's Last League Victory Over Chelsea

- Watch London football for under £10

- QPR One of Clubs Supposedly "chasing" Non League Player


Next: QPR travel to Plymouth on Saturday, with an abysmal away record which probably every fan in the country knows about. And just in time: QPR's ex-player, Simon Walton, may finally coming good for Plymouth!
- Plymouth have 3 points less than QPR. Plymouth Home Record is 4 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats. Scored 15. Conceded 14. (QPR's away record is 1 win, 4 draws and 6 defeats. Scored 2 conceded 12.)
- On Tuesday, while QPR were losing in Sheffield, Plymouth were losing 1-0 at home to Birmingham. Plymouth Stat: "FOR the first time in his 232 games in charge of Argyle, Pilgrims' manager Paul Sturrock has tasted three league defeats in a row."

Plymouth Squad and Results: --League Table -- Plymouth Results ...Plymouth Squad (Great Team Photo)

PAST QPR vs PLYMOUTH RESULTS
- Plymouth vs QPR Past Results

LAST SEASON: PLYMOUTH VS QPR
Last season, Plymouth did the double over QPR. Winning 2-1 at Loftus Road under Ian Holloway, back in September; and then 2-1 at Plymouth on Boxing Day, with Plymouth coming from 1-0 (both goals by Eubanks-Blake); scoring the winner at the very end; and Mikele Leigertwood sent off after the final whistle!- Match Reports

The very different QPR Team from a year ago;
- QPR: Camp, Barker, Bolder, Buzsaky (Blackstock, 78), Ainsworth, Rowlands (Nygaard, 67), Walton, Malcolm, Vine, Rehman, Leigertwood.Subs: Cole, Moore, Kanyuka.
- Plymouth Argyle: Larrieu, Connolly, Nalis, Timar, Norris, Ebanks-Blake, Hayles (Easter, 73), Halmosi, Hodges, Seip, Abdou (Martin, 73). Subs: Fallon, Sawyer, Gosling.


Simon Walton Coming Good?
Plymouth Herald - Walton hopes he has turned the corner

- SIMON WALTON is hoping to keep his place in Plymouth Argyle's team for this weekend's match against his former club Queens Park Rangers after his midweek performance against Birmingham City.
- The club's potential record signing was handed his first start since September against Alex McLeish's highly-flying side at Home Park on Tuesday night.
And Walton responded with his best performance in a Greens shirt as Argyle out-played the Blues for most of the game before agonisingly going down 1-0 to a Lee Carsley strike.
- After waiting so long, Walton was delighted to be recalled to the starting line-up to face Birmingham and he hopes the match will prove the turning point in his Argyle career.
- "It was good to be back," said Walton, who was signed in the summer from QPR in a deal that could reach £750,000.
- "It had been a long time coming, but I was just delighted to be involved again, although unfortunately we could not get a win.
- "But anyone who watched the game saw we deserved more than we got."
On his performance, Walton added: "I coped better than I thought I would.
- "I think the last couple of minutes I started to cramp up, but you have to remember my last start was September 13, which was a while ago.
- "I felt good. I felt better than I have done in previous games.
- "Obviously, stuff has gone on before and I was out of the team, but I have got my head down and worked hard.
- "And I would like to think I have done enough in training in recent weeks and on Tuesday to keep my place, although obviously the lads before had been doing well.
"However, there's lot of games coming up so I dare say everyone will be in and out.
"But I just have to keep producing that level of performance, as has everyone else. If we do that we will go places.
- "We created plenty of chances on Tuesday but it was one of those where another day we would have won three or four nil. But you get punished if you don't take your chances in this league.
- "Yet that was probably one of the best performances we have had this season, so there's plenty of positives to take from the game.
- "If we keep doing what we did then nine times out of 10 we will win those games."
Walton admitted it has taken him longer to settle in Plymouth than he expected.
"It is nothing to be proud of but I have moved clubs a few times now, so it is nothing new to me, but I think I found it a little bit harder here to settle in," said Walton, who has had permanent spells at Leeds, Charlton and QPR and loan periods at Ipswich, Cardiff and Hull.
- "Obviously, the team and me personally were not doing well at the start of the season so it did make it hard, but I am enjoying it now.
- "I have got my head down and worked hard. I have worked on stuff the gaffer has told me to improve on and I feel I can only get better and I am striving to do that every day."
- Walton recently became a father and he feels that has helped him settle down.
"Being a dad puts things into perspective," he said.
- "I have had to do a lot of growing up in the last couple of years. People forget that I am still only 21 – I am a young man and I am still learning.
"All experience, whether good or bad, is valuable."
= Walton has yet to experience a win in an Argyle shirt, but he would love it to come against his former club QPR at Home Park on Saturday.
- "I had some good times at QPR," said Walton.
"They treated me well and I enjoyed my time, but this is definitely one game I would like to play in
.
"Like I said, hopefully, I have done enough to stay in the team, but it will be another difficult game for us." Plymouth Herald

Blog Archive