QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, February 27, 2009

Kevin Gallen on His Time at QPR and His Continued Love for QPR...Other Snippets (Such as Season Ticket News)

-
- Visit the new QPR Report Messageboard: A combination of quasi-blog and messageboard, where the focus is QPR and football-in-general. Nothing else! QPR Report Messageboard! REMINDER: Just a Few Hours Remaining to VOTE for your favourite QPR - or other! - fan sites! "Polls" Close at Midnight, GMT!


Barnsley Official Site - I KNEW MY TIME WAS UP - GALLEN
- FORMER Barnsley striker Kevin Gallen may have spend half a season at Oakwell but tomorrow's opponents QPR will always have a special place in his heart.
Kevin told www.barnsleyfc.co.uk: "Back in the summer of 2001 I was without a club and training with QPR after leaving Huddersfield. QPR never came forward and offered me anything and the new season was getting very close when Nigel Spackman rang up my agent and offered me the chance to come and train with Barnsley. I did that and the deal was done before the new season kicked off. It was a good move for me at the time because I was desperate to stay at Championship level as it is now and Barnsley was a good place to be. I liked the set up, the people and the training facilities are first class.
- "I got off to a good start with Barnsley and scored against Nottingham Forest in only my second game. Unfortunately I pulled my hamstring badly in the second half of that match and was out for something like six weeks. By the time I had made my way back into the first team - and scored a good goal at Sheffield Wednesday - we were struggling and Nigel was sacked shortly afterwards. It was a tough time for me after that. Steve Parkin came in and a new manger always has new ideas. When the manager gives you permission to go and talk to another club, as Steve did when QPR came in for me that November, you know your time is up.
- "I am disappointed that things did not work out at Barnsley but it did give me the chance to go back to QPR, which always will be my club and the team I have supported since I was a boy. I have the best five or six years of my career at QPR after that and we did a lot of good things there. We won promotion and it will always be my club. I have been going to watch games since before I can remember. My dad is still a season ticket holder at Loftus Road and goes there every week rather than come to watch me. That is what QPR means to my family".
- Kevin added: "I never, ever wanted to leave QPR. I was forced out really by John Gregory. It was the same old thing again about a new manager coming in and wanting to change things. That's football but I was very, very disappointed to leave like that.

- "I joined Luton initially on loan last year before making the switch from MK Dons a permanent one in January. We have a massive challenge at this football club after having 30 points docked in the summer. A lot has been written and said about it but it is very harsh on the new owners and the club to pay for other people's mistakes like this. The task we face is just getting more and more difficult as the games go by but I still believe we can do it. The manager and the rest of the team still believe and we will continue to go from game to game trying to claw those points back. It is a massive task but we can start working towards that miracle again against Port Vale tomorrow.
- "The QPR result is always the first one I look for after our match. Sometimes the gaffer tells me to shut up about QPR and remember I am playing for Luton".
- After starting out at QPR and enjoying a year with Huddersfield Town, Kevin arrived at Oakwell in July 2001. He made just ten appearances for the Reds, netting two goals, before returning to Loftus Road the following November. He then went on to hit 57 goals in 202 more matches for QPR before signing for Plymouth on loan in 2007. Kevin joined MK Dons that summer before making the switch to Luton in November 2008Barnsley


Ex-QPR John Curtiss Signs for Wrexham
- Daily Post /Mark Currie- Wrexham FC sign former United defender John Curtis
Wrexham have signed former Premiership defender John Curtis until the end of the season. The 30-year old full back began his career at Manchester United and made over 200 league appearances, the most recent of which was for Queens Park Rangers 18 months ago.
- Since then his career has been dogged by injury, but he has been training and playing for the past four weeks, and Dragons boss Dean Saunders, who worked with the player at Blackburn Rovers, said Curtis' pedigree and experience would stand the club in god stead as they bid to win promotion back to the Football League this season.


Dagenham Official Site - Chris Arthur signs on loan
- Rushden & Diamonds have today signed Chris Arthur on loan for one month from QPR. The nineteen-year-old midfielder signed a pro-contract with QPR in July 2008. He is yet to play a first team fixture for the Rangers, but is a regular in the reserves.
- Arthur was on loan at Blue Square Premier rivals Kettering Town earlier on in the season, being recalled to Loftus Road in January 2009.
- We would like to welcome Chris to Nene Park, he will be given squad number 16. Dagenham


QPR Official Site - SEASON TICKET PRICES FROZEN
-The Early Bird offer is back - and has frozen the price of your 2009/10 Season Ticket!
- That's right, for a limited time only you can buy next year's Season Ticket for the same price as your current one.
- There has been a COMPLETE FREEZE on the cost of all Season Tickets.
Under-8's will again be FREE in certain areas of the stadium, with QPR the only Club within the Championship to offer this fantastic deal for families.
But be quick, this price freeze offer is only available until 17th April 2009.*
- With the R's hopeful of mounting a play-off push in the closing months, you could be in line for a Premier League Season Ticket at a Championship price!
QPR Holdings Limited Vice-Chairman Amit Bhatia knows the importance of your support - and is keen to see you in your thousands at Loftus Road next year.
He told www.qpr.co.uk: "I am delighted that Queen Park Rangers will be re-establishing its Early Bird promotion for the forthcoming 2009/10 football season.
"In these challenging times we thought it essential to find an approach whereby the Club could make it financially easier for fans to support QPR in the new season.
"With this in mind the Board have implemented a price freeze within the Early Bird promotion with the hope that this action may ease your costs slightly.
"I would like to take the opportunity to thank our fans for their exceptional loyalty - QPR looks forward to tackling the new season with your continued passionate support."

You can purchase your Season Ticket NOW! Online - https://eticketing.co.uk/qpr - or by calling our Season Ticket Hotline - 08444 777 007.

To download a brochure, click Season Ticket brochure 09-10

To downloand an application form, click Season Ticket Application Form 09-10

To download a Zeba Finance form, click Zebra Finance 09-10
*Early Bird offer only available to current Season Ticket Holders, current Members, and previous Season Ticket Holders. To get To Links


QPR Official Site - NICK'S ALREADY GOT HIS - HAVE YOU?
- Boyhood R's fan Nick Barton was the first Rangers supporter to take advantage of our Early Bird Season Ticket offer, available to current Season Ticket Holders and Members, as well as previous Season Ticket Holders.
- The 33 year-old, who lives in Derbyshire, renewed his current South Africa Road Season Ticket just minutes after they went on sale earlier today (Friday).
- Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Nick, who as one of the first 1,000 supporters to take advantage of this offer will automatically receive an annual subscription to QPR: The Official Magazine, said: "I'm normally one of the most unorganised people in the world, but on this occasion I just wanted to renew it as soon as possible.
- "I'd like to think it will be good value for money, because next season promises to be a really interesting season.
- "We've built a solid foundation this season and if the Board allow the Manager to invest in one or two key players over the summer, we'll be in great shape to mount a real charge.
- "I never expected us to become an instant success overnight, but we've gradually improved this season and next season will really be the acid test for us." QPR

Blog Archive