QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

QPR's Rowlands: Club Made Progress. Club Need Stability...Mark Falco Interviewed....University Finals at Loftus Road Today

-
For up-to-date QPR and football news....For serious discussions where QOR (and only QPR) matters are discussed...For a site where, differing opinions are welcomed just without the ad-hominems. Visit the free-thinking and completely-independent QPR Report Messageboard. If you see stories on this blog that you want to comment on, just post your views on the QPR Report Messageboard!
- Recent Articles Posted: Parents Need to Teach Kids Local Football Loyalties ...AFC Wimbledon's Success Profiled. And various topics of Discussion. Feel free to participate.


- Nottingham Forest/Blackstock "BBC Gossip "Nottingham Forest are set top open talks with QPR over a £1.5m deal for Loftus Road striker Dexter Blackstock." (Various)"


- University Finals at Loftus Road today


Virgin Media -Club needs stability - Rowlands
- Martin Rowlands believes QPR must resolve their managerial situation if they are to be successful next season.
- Gareth Ainsworth is currently acting as caretaker manager for the second time this season after Paulo Sousa was sacked earlier this month.
- And the midfielder believes QPR need to appoint a full-time boss as soon as possible.
- "Obviously the club needs stability," he told the club's official website.
- "It has not had stability because there have been a lot of managerial changes in recent years but that is not for us to talk about.
- "But obviously the club does need some stability having a manager in charge and hopefully he will pick the right system and the right players to get us to where we all want to be" Virgin Media


Virgin Media- Rowlands highlights progress
- Martin Rowlands insists QPR have made significant progress this year despite missing out on the play-offs.
- Co-owner Flavio Briatore had set the club the target of a play-off place this season but, marooned in mid-table, QPR are destined to fall short.
- However, Rowlands believes they have the potential to emulate Champions Wolves next season.
- "We have made more progress," he told the club's website. "We have finished higher in the league than we have in previous years.
- "Everyone is disappointed. Everyone wants to make the play-offs or automatic promotion.
- "Next season is going to be a big year with players coming and going - as they do at every club - and hopefully we can push on and achieve something like Wolves have achieved this year. Virgin Media



QPR Official Site - BLAST FROM THE PAST - Mark Falco
- A string of explosive volleys into the roof of the net illuminated Mark Falco's spell at Queens Park Rangers. Quite simply, he had the knack of scoring in breathtaking fashion.
- Falco notched an impressive ratio of 33 goals in 81 starts for the R's. But looking back, he is keen to play down the impact he made.
- "When the opportunities came along, I just chanced my arm really," said Falco. "I had a good technique and so I would try the spectacular shots. They seemed to come off quite a bit for me and I was happy when they went in. But I think a few flew over the crossbar as well!
- "My favourite goal for QPR was at home to Chelsea in December 1989 when we beat them 4-2. It was a left footed volley from 30 yards, which was quite pleasing. Graham Roberts was supposed to be marking me but he wasn't there. Funnily enough, I bumped into Graham the other day and so I took the opportunity to rib him about it 20 years on!
- "Apart from the goals, my job was to hold the ball up as centre-forward, fend the defender off and try to bring other people into the play. I did that fairly well throughout my career and I was always happy to carry out the donkey work for my team-mates. It was part and parcel of my game as a striker back in those days."
- During that period of the late 80's and early 90's, Rangers performed consistently well in the top-flight of English football. Indeed, Falco recalls that we gave all the big Clubs a real run for their money.
- He said: "There were some very good players at Loftus Road. The whole R's team were mainly internationals - from Dave Seaman in goal, right the way through to Roy Wegerle up front. We had some really experienced men like Ray Wilkins, Peter Reid and Trevor Francis.
- "Everyone in the squad was very close to each other and there was excellent camaraderie. We all enjoyed each other's company so that helped out on the pitch as well.
- "The fans at QPR really appreciate good football. And we played some quality passing stuff at times. We had marvellous results against many of the leading teams and it was a lovely period to be involved with the Super Hoops."
- Falco is now 48 years-old and lives in Essex. He enjoys a varied lifestyle and still keeps an eye on events here at the 'Bush.'
- "I work for a friend of mine. We've got a company that does asbestos removal and ventilation hygiene. I go out to meet and greet as I try to sell our wares.
- "I also help out with the coaching at a local semi-professional Club in Colchester called Stanway Rovers. They play in the Ridgeons Eastern Counties League. I just keep my hand in there and I enjoy it. I have also coached kids' teams and I worked at the Spurs Academy for a while.
- "I still get out on the golf course too. I bump into several people and spot some old faces, which is nice. And I continue to try to play veterans' football, although that's more of a social event." QPR

Blog Archive