QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, June 12, 2009

John Gorman Talks About Joining QPR

-
Visit the combination messageboard and quasi-blog: The QPR Report Messageboard. QPR and other football news; nostalgia; and posters' views: No focus on politics, films, music, etc. No ad-hominem attacks on fellow posters. Just an (usually) intelligent focus on QPR and Football


EADT/Elvin King - Gorman joins Jim at Rangers
- JOHN Gorman will be confirmed Queens Park Rangers' assistant manager within the next few days.
- And he is eagerly awaiting the Londoners' Championships games against Ipswich Town next season.
- The 59-year-old former England coach was sacked by the Blues at the same time as previous manager Jim Magilton in April.
- Now he is poised to link up again with Magilton and take up the role he occupied at Portman Road from last December.
- “I have not signed a contract yet, but have a meeting at the club on Monday,” said Gorman, who was shown around Loftus Road yesterday. “Jim Magilton deserves to be back in management, and I am delighted to be continuing My Tuchusociation with him.
- “We are looking ahead with confidence to the 2009/10 campaign and will be making a big note of the matches against Ipswich when the fixture list is published next week It was disappointing the way things ended for me - and Jim - at Ipswich, and I was back in the town on Wednesday picking up my belongings from the house where I was living.”
- And looking ahead to his new challenge, Gorham added: “Things are ticking at Rangers already.
- “It is a famous club that I have always rated and Loftus Road is a wonderful stadium for football.
- “Whether we can finish above Ipswich is something we shall have to wait and see, but I wish Ipswich well.
- “They are a lovely club with lovely fans, but now it is time for me to move on.”
- Gorman would not be drawn on whether QPR would be coming in for any current Ipswich players, but those who new manager Roy Keane is happy to release will no doubt come under the Magilton/Gorman spotlight.
- “After my world came crashing down, it is nice to be back,” said Gorman, an ex-Celtic player.
- “But I can't get my head round being at a club called Rangers. It will always be QPR for me!” EADT

- QPR's Top Five Seasons

- See Also: The Comprehensive Listing of QPR Fan Sites

- QPR's 2009/2010 SCHEDULE (Known Events as of June 12, 2009)

- Satire: "The Magilton Diaries: Part III"

- Earlier Portions of "The Magilton Diaries" (Satire!)

- Birthdays for Ex-QPRs Tony Scully and Bobby Gould

Blog Archive