QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Taarbt Speaks After QPR Deal Completed

-
- For seriously cutting-edge, continually-updated, news about QPR and football - and only QPR and football - Visit the growing QPR Report Messageboard (and quasi blog)! All perspectives genuinely welcomed!

QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: TAARABT DEAL COMPLETED
- The Club is delighted to confirm the season long loan signing of Moroccan international midfielder Adel Taarabt.
- Rangers reached agreement with Tottenham Hotspur late last night (Wednesday) for the midfielder's services and Taarabt - who flourished during a brief loan spell in W12 at the end of last season - has now put pen-to-paper on the deal.
- Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, the 20 year-old expressed his delight at returning to Loftus Road.
- "I'm delighted to be back," he said.
- "I really enjoyed my last spell and I can't wait to spend the whole of next season here."
- Taarabt - who will again wear squad number 39 - spurned the advances of at least three other Championship Clubs to return to Loftus Road and he's relishing running out in front of the Rangers faithful once again.
- "I had a great relationship with the fans last year," he said.
- "I really appreciated their support and I can't wait to pull on the Rangers shirt again."
- He added: "There was a lot of interest in me. I had opportunities to go to Clubs in Italy, Spain and France, but Tottenham said they wanted me to play in the Championship. As soon as they said that, I knew I wanted to come back to QPR."
- "The fans played an important part in that decision, because they seemed to like how I play.
- "This is a decisive season for me personally. I hope to play regularly, but not just play - I want to do well, for myself, the Club and the fans."
QPR


- Dave Thomas' AKUTR's ANnouncement and Thomas/AKUTR's Blog Update

- Also: Dave Thomas/AKUTRS' Latest Blog ("Flog") Post Week #2 July 12-18 -- "Getting ready for the big kick-off... with a mountain of jobs to do and so many things conspiring to make life difficult!"

- QPR1st - QPR in the Community update

- QPR1st - Disabled supporters update

- Visit London Football Expo (including QPR Exhibit) Opens Tomorrow, (July 24-26)

- re Adel Taarabt: Previous with him at QPR and at Spurs

- Ex-QPR Leon Jeanne Update

- "On This Day" - Four Year Flashback: Nygaard Signs for QPR and QPR Defeat Iran

- Alan McDonald's Glentoran Crash Out of Europe

- Ex-QPR Youngster Giles Coke Joins Motherwell

- re Accrington Stanley/Player Bans: One Plays for Forest Green Rovers

- Assessing ESPN's Football Coverage

- Tabloid (Star): Maradona to Portsmouth?

- Questions re New Owners of Notts County

- Kiyan Prince's Parents Meet the Prime Minister

Blog Archive