QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, July 01, 2010

QPR Report Back to Work...Rowlands Return...QPR Arrivals Announced (On and Off The Field)...Sousa to Leicester?

-
- QPR Players Report Back to Work Today for the start of Pre-season training (as the Transfer Window Officially Opens)
-
- For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, also check the QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog. Join in or just read the various QPR and football-only discussions!

QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

- What Football Fans Think: Summary of Findings of Latest Football League Fan Survey
- Complete Football League Survey Report

- The 2010/2011 "Official Charity Partner" of the Football League is: Marie Curie Cancer Care

- Number of QPR Season Tickets Sold: 6574 (According to Official Site, which Possibly hasn't been updated?)


- Sousa for Leicester?

- Sam Hammam Return to Cardiff?

- Two Year Flashback: Samuel Di Carmine Joins QPR on Year Loan


BBC - Fitness boost for QPR midfielder Martin Rowlands
- Rowlands has been at Loftus Road for seven years
Club captain Martin Rowlands has been given the all-clear to join the rest of the QPR squad for pre-season training.
- Midfielder Rowlands, 31, has not played since suffering cruciate ligament damage while playing for the Republic of Ireland last October.
- "The knee is okay and I'm pleased with how it's going," said Rowlands.
- "I'm able to join in with everything - the usual pre-season fitness training. And I'm looking to get back into full contract training by the end of July."
- The injury came as Rowlands was establishing himself in the international side and came 10 months after a similar injury caused him to miss the second half of the 2008/09 campaign.
- "It's been really frustrating and disappointing," he admitted.
- "But now I'm just looking forward to getting back. The progress I've made means I can have a full pre-season, which is really important."
- His injury means that Rowlands, who has two years of his current QPR contract left to run, has yet to feature under manager Neil Warnock.
- Rowlands added: "It's up to me to show that I'm worth a place in his team.
- "He's signed a few players and I'm sure will sign a few more, which is a good thing.
- "I think we can really have a crack at it this season and am looking forward to it." BBC


QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: BACKROOM CHANGES
- Neil Warnock has added another two new faces to his backroom team with the addition of a Reserve Team Manager and a Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Former Huddersfield Town and Burnley striker Ronnie Jepson has joined the Club to oversee the R's second string, whilst Carl Serrant - who played for Oldham Athletic and Newcastle United amongst others - will be responsible for the fitness side of the First Team.

- The duo have both worked with the Rangers gaffer in the past and Warnock is delighted to have them on board, telling www.qpr.co.uk: "I am really pleased.
"Ronnie's knowledge is vast, and I really like the way he handles himself.
"He is very professional in his approach and is the type of person I want. I like the way he deals with people.
"I am going to be leaving pros out of my squad and they're going to be disappointed to be with the Reserves. So it's not an easy job for Ronnie, but I know he can deal with that situation very well.
"And Ronnie will say to me, 'I thought this lad did well last week Gaffer, you might want to consider him for the bench.' It's important to have that sort of good, working relationship."
- Meanwhile, Warnock will also team up once again with Serrant, and said: "Carl is a lad who I always felt had the ability to become one of the top fitness guys in the country.
- "He's very diligent in what he does and is a great guy to have around the place. He's enthusiastic, he wants to do well and he wants to be the best. We will reap the benefits of that.
- "During pre-season Carl, if anything, tries to calm me down. He has all these modern techniques and wires across the players' chests.

"He'll be telling me, 'That's it now boss, they can't do any more.' And I'll say: 'Carl, I'm telling you - they can!'

"We have disagreements every now and again, but it's healthy to have that." QPR


QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: R'S CLINCH HILL DEAL
R's boss Neil Warnock has clinched his fifth summer signing with the free transfer capture of versatile defender Clint Hill.

The 31 year-old has penned a two year-deal following the expiration of his contract at Crystal Palace.

Hill, who featured at both left back and centre-half for the Eagles last term, is relishing linking up with his former Palace boss once again.

"Neil played a massive role in my decision to move to QPR - he's such an infectious character," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

"I've worked with him for a few years at Palace and to be honest, he was probably the only Manager who could tempt me to stay down South.

"I'm expecting big things next season. The top-six has to be the aim. I'm confident we'll be there or thereabouts.

"I think it's about time the Club pushed on - a Club like QPR should be aiming for the Premier League.

"There's a first class set-up here in terms of the infrastructure and it's up to the players to push on to the next level now."

Warnock highlighted Hill's consistency as a key factor in the move, commenting: "I just think we're crying out for someone who performs to a consistently high level week in, week out.

"He's always up there for me with an eight or a nine out of ten performance.

"As a group, we lack a bit of strength - both physically and mentally - and Clint's temperament and presence will help us out in that respect.

"I want him primarily as a left back, but I'm sure there will be occasions when we take advantage of his versatility and play him elsewhere." QPR


QPR Official Site - DERRY DEAL COMPLETED
Posted on: Thu 01 Jul 2010
Shaun Derry is now officially a QPR player following the expiration of his deal at Crystal Palace.
The 32 year-old midfielder agreed a deal in principle to join the R's last Tuesday, and has now completed the formalities of his switch to W12.
Derry, who will link up with his new team-mates for the first time later today (Thursday), has penned a two-year deal. QPR


Warnock Yesterday: QPR Official Site - GAFFER: 'THE HARD WORK STARTS NOW'
- 'I can't wait to get started' - those were the words of Neil Warnock on the eve of the R's pre-season campaign which begins in earnest tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
- The entire QPR First Team squad - including new signings Paddy Kenny, Shaun Derry, Jamie Mackie and Leon Clarke - will report for duty at Harlington and the R's gaffer can't wait to put them through their paces.
- "Pre-season is an excellent time - one I really savour," he told www.qpr.co.uk.
- "The lads have got to prove it all again to me.
- "There will be a lot of hard work, especially in the first week or so, but we need to enjoy pre-season as much as we can.
- "It's easier than it used to be for them, because the players generally keep themselves in quite good condition now over the summer months.
- "I thrive on pre-season. I have a lot of my own ideas when it comes to what should or shouldn't be done and I can't wait to get started." QPR


- QPR's Pre-Season Calendar

- QPR's 2010/2011 Fixtures


Blog Archive