QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, July 30, 2010

Update: Orr Confirmed to QPR...Stewart Confirmed to Bristol City

-
-For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, also check the QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog. Join in or just read the various QPR and football-only discussions!

- An invitation to QPR Supporters across the globe! Whatever country. Whatever continent. Whatever age. Whatever Perspective: Come post on the growing, truly-International, QPR and football-only QPR Report Messageboard
_____________________________________________________________________________________

QPR Season Tickets Sales: Not Going to Meet Hoped-for Goal: (Currently Sold: 6,691)

- When Saturday Comes on London Club Rivalries
- Video: QPR vs West Ham (FA Cup 1988)
- QPR 2010/11Squad Numbers
- For Comparison: What the QPR Squad Numbers were a week ago (From Last Season)
- QPR's Spark Takes Part in Mascot Derby August 3!


QPR Official Site - STEWART JOINS ROBINS
Posted on: Fri 30 Jul 2010

Damion Stewart has joined Bristol City for an undisclosed fee, signing a three year deal at Ashton Gate.

The Jamaican defender joined QPR in June 2006 and went on to make 168 appearances in all competitions, scoring 13 goals.

He was also crowned Player of the Year at the end of the 2008/09 campaign.

Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, gaffer Neil Warnock said: "I've made it very clear that I'm looking to add to the squad between now and the end of the transfer window.

"Whilst Damion has really impressed me in my time here, when the offer came in and I considered the other options we have in that area, I had to make this decision which will hopefully allow me to add to the squad in other departments.

"I wish him all the best for the future."

*www.qpr.co.uk would like to inform our supporters that this deal was officially finalised at 13.36pm. QPR


QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: ORR IS A RANGER
Posted on: Fri 30 Jul 2010

Neil Warnock has secured his sixth signing of the summer with the capture of highly-rated defender Bradley Orr.

The 27 year-old full-back has penned a four year contract at Loftus Road, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Bristol City for his services.

Orr brings a wealth of experience to the table, having made over 200 appearances for the Robins, whom he joined in 2004.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Orr revealed his delight at putting pen to paper on the deal in W12, commenting: "It's a great relief to be here, because I've wanted this move ever since I became aware of QPR's interest some time ago.

"It was an easy decision to make and that's not being disrespectful to City - I've just got a great feeling about QPR and the ambition that is here to achieve things.

"My number one aim is to achieve my lifetime ambition of playing Premier League football and I genuinely believe I can do that here.

"The whole place is geared up for success. The Manager, the players, the staff - it's a Club on the up as far as I'm concerned."

Warnock was equally as pleased to clinch the services of the right-sided defender, adding: "I'm absolutely delighted to be adding a player of Bradley's quality to the squad.

"It's vitally important to have a strong back-line and Bradley gives us another option in that area.

"I've always thought he's one of the best full-backs in this division and he chips in with his fair share of goals too.

"I've persevered for quite some time to get him here and I couldn't be more delighted."

Orr - who is likely to make his full debut for the R's against Plymouth Argyle in friendly action tonight (Friday) - will wear the number 2 shirt. QPR

Blog Archive